DEACON HILL 2-0 AS A STARTER

We were afraid to throw the ball on Saturday. I’m not complaining. It worked but it’s hard to believe that it will continue to work when we’re not a threat to throw or even have the quarterback run.

Yeah, see that happens when the temp starts going down and those Canadian air masses bring heavy winds. You know who wasn't scared to sling it 50 times? Luke Fickell. Imagine paying millions of dollars in buyouts and hiring a guy at an exorbitant salary who doesn't take guaranteed points and tosses the pill 50 times in Madison in October. If that system worked, it would have been done long before they hired Fickell.

Legend of Deacon Hill, chapter 4 installment is a mere 3 days and and a handful of hours away. We'll all talk about this crazy slow start before the huge breakout. It's how legends go sometimes.........

Yeah, see that happens when the temp starts going down and those Canadian air masses bring heavy winds. You know who wasn't scared to sling it 50 times? Luke Fickell. Imagine paying millions of dollars in buyouts and hiring a guy at an exorbitant salary who doesn't take guaranteed points and tosses the pill 50 times in Madison in October. If that system worked, it would have been done long before they hired Fickell.
I guess it depends on who you hire to run it. Mike Leach made it work in Pullman, Washington. But yeah - the Badgers offensive staff should be unsettled. They were sitting at 4-1 on the season, and in the midst of a competitive game with a 5-1 rival, and getting the shit booed out of them already. Iowa fans endured a few years of bottom of the barrel offense before the boos started.

Say Wisconsin finishes 8-5....how loud are those boos gonna be next year?

I just want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that but for a botched call in the waning moments of the Minnesota game Deacon Hill would be undefeated as a starter. This kid is an Iowa quarterback if I've ever seen one.

I just want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that but for a botched call in the waning moments of the Minnesota game Deacon Hill would be undefeated as a starter. This kid is an Iowa quarterback if I've ever seen one.
He's still undefeated in my book.

Hence the reason Ws & Ls are not included in QB stats. Iowa fans should know this better than anyone. A bad QB can lose a game by himself but a good QB can't win by himself. We've put the worst QBing on the field in Iowa history the last 3 seasons and have won 28 games in just the last three full seasons. A caveat would be Nate Stanley would be one of the better Iowa QBs back in 2019. It's like a flip was switched in 2020.

Petras, Padilla and Hill are three of the very worst QBs I can remember, and I can remember more than 50 seasons of Iowa football.

Hence the reason Ws & Ls are not included in QB stats. Iowa fans should know this better than anyone. A bad QB can lose a game by himself but a good QB can't win by himself. We've put the worst QBing on the field in Iowa history the last 3 seasons and have won 28 games in just the last three full seasons. A caveat would be Nate Stanley would be one of the better Iowa QBs back in 2019. It's like a flip was switched in 2020.

Petras, Padilla and Hill are three of the very worst QBs I can remember, and I can remember more than 50 seasons of Iowa football.
Jake Christensen?

I'm not so sure.....Hill throws somewhere in the vicinity of his receiver, (over his head, behind, too far in front), and can be intercepted. Christensen buried his into the ground!!!

Latest posts