Deace

mthawk00

I know I have your attention with this Thread title.

There is nothing that gets me more excited for Iowa football this fall, then hearing Deace talk about Iowa, and the team's chances. He is truely unbias and when he believes, it gets me even more excited.

Too bad I have 17 weeks to wait.

Last edited:
Don't know that I'd call him unbiased. Iowa football fans are the most bankable commodity in the state. By talking positively about Iowa him and Miller get more fans to listen to the program and that is of course good for their ratings.

Not correct. If he were out there solely to get ratings he would be trashing Iowa. More people would tune in to the show to hear Jon set Deace right after he bashes Iowa than they would to listen to two guys agree about Iowa football being good.

Somewhere along the lines that we have a shot at the national title game this year. You would have to listen to the podcast though.

Don't know that I'd call him unbiased. Iowa football fans are the most bankable commodity in the state. By talking positively about Iowa him and Miller get more fans to listen to the program and that is of course good for their ratings.

False premise.

Everyone is going to listen no matter what we say ;)

False premise.

Double reverse false premise!

OP is right. Just putting "Deace" in the thread title made over 900 views to this thread.

Your ratings would go up if Deace turned into an over-the-top hater. Even if he had to fake it, like sportstalkmatt seems to do.

Double reverse false premise!

OP is right. Just putting "Deace" in the thread title made over 900 views to this thread.

Your ratings would go up if Deace turned into an over-the-top hater. Even if he had to fake it, like sportstalkmatt seems to do.

Don't sell Matt short...he's not faking anything! He's a contrarian and an antagonist by nature...and he does it quite well, I might add.

I love deace's afternoon show, but haven't listened to the morning show much (sorry Jon I don't get it here in Ottumwa). When I have heard Steve talk about Iowa sports it seems like it is with disdain. If anything, I think he is biased against us because he's rooting for the little guy (the clowns). Could be wrong, thats just my impression.

False premise.

Jon I just listened your second hour segment from yesterday with you and Steve talking about Terrell Pryor’s overwhelming importance to OSU’s success this season. Then you put Steve on the spot to think of a like situation in recent history and he threw out some names like Ron Dayne, Vince Young, etc, why didn’t you mention Drew Tate? From a strictly BT perspective what Tate did and meant to the ’04 Iowa team has be at the top of the list.

False premise.

I still disagree. Everyone is interested in a winner.

Jon: don't u haveto believe your site wouldn't have launched with same success in 2006 or 2007?

Personally, I rush to the net after a hawkeye win just to bask in all the positive pub. After a loss I stay away for a few days because people are always bi$$hing and it's not enjoyable rehashing a loss.

I love deace's afternoon show, but haven't listened to the morning show much (sorry Jon I don't get it here in Ottumwa). When I have heard Steve talk about Iowa sports it seems like it is with disdain. If anything, I think he is biased against us because he's rooting for the little guy (the clowns). Could be wrong, thats just my impression.

That's what the podcasts are for:)

Although when Andrew goes on vacation it's 50-50 on whether or not they get a podcast up.:D

Latest posts