Deace pick for Iowa/ Arizona

PJHawk

I just listened to Jon and Deace do his “Crystal ballâ€￾ report that has Arizona finishing the year in the top 25, does Deace does think they will beat Iowa?

I wouldn't say I worry about those games, but they will be huge challenges. Part of the fun of college football.

I didn't hear it. However, my prediction (In case anyone is interested) is that Iowa will win this game with relative ease. I get this particular feeling about a game or two each year and the AZ game is just popping out at me. AZ's strength is their offense, but I fully expect Claborn/Sash and company to hold them to less than 2 TDs. AZ returns only 4 starters on D, which was not that great last year. Iowa's completely 2 dimensional offensive attack this year should have these guys on their heels early. Looking for a 35-10 sort of score.

I don't want to hear anything about time zones and start times. If that effects your game, there is a knitting class down the hall and you should not be playing D-1 football. As for the 2004 ASU game, we got blown out, what can you say. Better team won that day.

I think the great thing about Iowa coach's is they learn from experience...2002 Orange Bowl they admit they did not do a good job preparing in that game and since then everybowl game has been competitive and more then not Iowa has come out on top...I see a huge similarity in the Arizona game...Last time Iowa went to the desert they got smacked in the face...I truly believe the coach's remember that night and will have learned from their mistakes...Iowa wins 28-17...Go Hawks

I'll take the hawks in this game, it should be closer. Arizona has the talent, but they need to find a consistant quarterback.

I called the ASU game right when the hawks last travelled to arizona!

I think the great thing about Iowa coach's is they learn from experience...2002 Orange Bowl they admit they did not do a good job preparing in that game and since then everybowl game has been competitive and more then not Iowa has come out on top...I see a huge similarity in the Arizona game...Last time Iowa went to the desert they got smacked in the face...I truly believe the coach's remember that night and will have learned from their mistakes...Iowa wins 28-17...Go Hawks

For the Bowl games, Iowa changed the process by not letting their team go home for Christmas, practicing harder leading up to the game, and getting in early for preparation.

What do you expect they will do to change things with the late night game in the desert?

For the person who made the sexist remark about playing late, it makes a difference. The problem is the difference is not immediately evident to the players themselves. This lets a team jump out in front. Then the problem is that you end the game a lot of times after midnight, which means there is often a lull in energy at the end of the game as well. You can talk macho all you want, but this is about physiology, not effort.

i found nothing "sexist" about his comment. i'm assuming that you took the "knitting" part as sexist, but men can knit too. perhaps your assumptions are the ones that are sexist.

slingin dick has the game of his life and wegher adds 2 td's as well. 85-6 in favor of the hawkeyes

i found nothing "sexist" about his comment. i'm assuming that you took the "knitting" part as sexist, but men can knit too. perhaps your assumptions are the ones that are sexist.

slingin dick has the game of his life and wegher adds 2 td's as well. 85-6 in favor of the hawkeyes

Okay, go sign up for any one of the myriad of knitting circles in your town and the surrounding towns and see who is there. You can be the lone heterosexual male who attempts to break the knitting gender barrier. But, nice try anyway.

I'll say what I said last year, this is the game that we should be least worried about. As far as non-conference games go, losing any of the other 3 comes with repercussions: mostly lack of respect/ranking/etc.

Unless you're planning on us playing in the NC game, winning any/every conference game is more important than this one.

Okay, go sign up for any one of the myriad of knitting circles in your town and the surrounding towns and see who is there. You can be the lone heterosexual male who attempts to break the knitting gender barrier. But, nice try anyway.

Sounds like someone had some bad experiences in a knitting circle. I'm sure you can find other guys out there to knit with.

Sounds like someone had some bad experiences in a knitting circle. I'm sure you can find other guys out there to knit with.

Sounds like he must have unsuccessfully tried to break the glass ceiling of his town’s knitting circle.

For the Bowl games, Iowa changed the process by not letting their team go home for Christmas, practicing harder leading up to the game, and getting in early for preparation.

What do you expect they will do to change things with the late night game in the desert?

For the person who made the sexist remark about playing late, it makes a difference. The problem is the difference is not immediately evident to the players themselves. This lets a team jump out in front. Then the problem is that you end the game a lot of times after midnight, which means there is often a lull in energy at the end of the game as well. You can talk macho all you want, but this is about physiology, not effort.

Rosey Grier... Rosey Grier's Needlepoint for Men - a set on Flickr

Last edited:
Not saying there is anything wrong with it. Just that it is sexist.

It took a traditional women's activity and used it in a perjorative sense to belittle individuals who might have difficulty playing football (a man's activity) in conditions that are not favorable.

We do it all the time. When I see someone leave a put short, I say, "Did you hit your skirt on the way through?" When I see someone acting wimpy, I call them a "*****y." There are a myriad of other types of comments I make that basically use something associated with women as a means of criticising men. It is just another way of saying a man is acting like a woman, not a man.

So, no it is not an absurd argument. The difference is that I am conscious of what I am doing, when I make a sexist comment. And hey, I am cool with it, are you?

Some of you need to pull your skirts down and take a pill, I thought we were discussing Iowa vs Arizona.I'm on the side that we win this game by 14-17 points.If that's sexist then blah blah blah or ba ba ba.

Some of you need to pull your skirts down and take a pill, I thought we were discussing Iowa vs Arizona.I'm on the side that we win this game by 14-17 points.If that's sexist then blah blah blah or ba ba ba.

I agree. I think Arizona is a bunch of women and Iowa will beat them handily because they are larger, physically superior male athletes.

Latest posts