Deace on Blue Blood in podcast

BILLBUCKNER

listen to the podcast about the Nebby hire. Agreed with most eveything that was said EXCEPT Deace stating that the blue blood programs needed to great in order for the Big to be respected as a conference. That is bull s h i t. The Big needs to win the nonconference games to be respected. If OSU gets thier @ss handed to them by Vtech despite kicking the BIG they are not going to be respected. Oregon was a pimple on a teenagers @ss 10 years ago. Now you would think they have been a power since the 40's if you are in your 20s. Wiscy has had a great run the past 10 years and they have replaced PSU as a traditional power in the BIG. We do poorly in the bowl season partly because the BIG fans travel real well and everyone gets a bump up in bowls because we usually had 2 teams playing in the BCS. WE know Iowa has gotten much better selections because of legendary fan following. So we get paired with an LSU of the world and geuss what? We get beat..So the BIg is bad?? So what we need is for Iowa to step up its game and go on a Wiscy tear..Sadly won't happen untill Bielema is on the sidelines. I hope it isn't till he is in his 60's either.

listen to the podcast about the Nebby hire. Agreed with most eveything that was said EXCEPT Deace stating that the blue blood programs needed to great in order for the Big to be respected as a conference. That is bull s h i t. The Big needs to win the nonconference games to be respected. If OSU gets thier @ss handed to them by Vtech despite kicking the BIG they are not going to be respected. Oregon was a pimple on a teenagers @ss 10 years ago. Now you would think they have been a power since the 40's if you are in your 20s. Wiscy has had a great run the past 10 years and they have replaced PSU as a traditional power in the BIG. We do poorly in the bowl season partly because the BIG fans travel real well and everyone gets a bump up in bowls because we usually had 2 teams playing in the BCS. WE know Iowa has gotten much better selections because of legendary fan following. So we get paired with an LSU of the world and geuss what? We get beat..So the BIg is bad?? So what we need is for Iowa to step up its game and go on a Wiscy tear..Sadly won't happen untill Bielema is on the sidelines. I hope it isn't till he is in his 60's either.

Billy, Deace didn't state it the way you did, but I believe what you wrote is also Deace's point. The B1G bluebloods need to dominate (non con) to boost the image and prestige of the conference, overall. He made this statement against the backdrop of the 4-team playoff.

I'm a team first guy so as far as I'm concerned I'd love to see the rest of the teams stay exactly where they are (hopefully we get better) in terms of conference play. What I'd like to see is them get their **** together come bowl time to help us dig out of the toilet of public opinion. The trouble is that in terms of bowl match ups I don't think there's a conference out there (top to bottom) that plays anywhere near as difficult a bowl schedule as the BIG 10. In comparison, the BIG's bowl schedule is as brutal if not worse than the SEC's conference schedule year in and year out.

Nebraska is in the same living rooms as our coaching staff on a daily basis, I’m not going to root for them to make a good HC hire. And oh btw, they’ll probably have the best OC/DC combo in the country which means a hell of a lot more now than it used to.

We don’t need Michigan to be good, because Penn State will take their seat at the table in the coming years, like Michigan State has already done. The chip on the shoulder of Michigan fans is getting bigger and bigger as the’ve become even more irrelevant than we have.

I think Michigan has reach a level of mediocrity that far exceeds where we're at now. And I don't think its even close.

Nebraska is in the same living rooms as our coaching staff on a daily basis, I’m not going to root for them to make a good HC hire. And oh btw, they’ll probably have the best OC/DC combo in the country which means a hell of a lot more now than it used to.

We don’t need Michigan to be good, because Penn State will take their seat at the table in the coming years, like Michigan State has already done. The chip on the shoulder of Michigan fans is getting bigger and bigger as the’ve become even more irrelevant than we have.

Who would that be?

The number one problem for Michigan and Iowa are the same...

They will only be relevant when they beat their little brother State.

The second problem is the same: complacency. Michigan coaches and AD thinking the name "michigan" is enough to win and iowa coaches and AD thinking the same ol' same ol' done better is enough to win. The last 8-10 years is evidence against complacency.

Screw the blue bloods being good. I would rather them suck and us actually have a chance to go 11-1, then take our chances in the playoff selection. That's a lot better then the blue bloods getting good and kicking our ***** and us being lucky to finish 9-3.

My statement is assuming we were ever good again.

Latest posts