Dayton's Gregory "not interested" in Iowa job

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
Sports Illustrated's Seth Davis posted this today:

As for Iowa, I was told that the school inquired about Dayton's Brian Gregory but Gregory wasn't interested.

Sorry Stormin!!

As for Iowa, I was told that the school inquired about Dayton's Brian Gregory but Gregory wasn't interested.

Sorry Stormin!!

I think stormin all ready has a post that says exactly that, but that Andy Katz says he is.

Sorry Stormin!!

And Gene Chizik was "firmly entrenched" in Ames 4 days before bolting for Auburn as well.

Sorry Stormin!!

"I was told" is meaningless unless it's coupled with "by whom." Davis could be spot on, I don't know. But I have zero faith in what these talking heads like Katz and Davis casually toss off as a version of the truth on a daily basis.

Unless, of course, I happen to like what they're saying. ;)

100% of ISU is fine with it now.
Of course. Paul Rhoads is exactly what they needed. An Iowa guy that WANTED to be there (Steve Forbes bump).

But, at least Chizik left them this:

coin.jpg

Yup. Gregory would never want to face off against his mentor, Izzo. Nah.

Just like Alford wouldn't come to Iowa because he would have to face Indiana and his mentor?? Gregory is still a possibility...as are a lot of the names thrown around.

So what is your point?

PR won 2 more games in one year then Chiz won in 2 years with the same group of players.

The same group of players that were a year old and more experienced. Both parties are better off now on their own, but GC did a lot more for ISU FB than anyone close to Ames will ever admit.

I'm so ok with Gregory not being interested. Bring on Steve Forbes! He is very interested and motivated!

The same group of players that were a year old and more experienced. Both parties are better off now on their own, but GC did a lot more for ISU FB than anyone close to Ames will ever admit.
This is a Hawkeye board. Who here is that "close" to Ames? Are you talking Geographically on a national scale or as in being a fan? Chizik gave 'em the big time Fist Fluck

He also may think his market value goes up as (1) his team advances in the NIT, and (2) other coaches say "no" to schools he might be interested in. :)

Good. Not that impressed with his record or team. Watched Cinci game, and they act like street thugs. Winning the NIT is meaningless. Talk to Penn State.

Latest posts