Daviyon Nixon is a FREAK

WinOneThisCentury

That was incredible. I mean...my first thought when he did the Euro step was...oh my God...Penn State fans are flashing back to Adrian Clayborn blocking that punt and returning it.

For a 305 pound man to, first off, make the interception, and then to take it to the house...well...that was one for the ages.

This guy is going to make a lot of money at the next level. Pro scouts want the athletic freaks...they will use them accordingly.

Awesome...just awesome. The look on James Franklin's face (just the eyes of course) was just priceless.

He said the reason he had to do the euro step is because he wanted to see how hard he could hit the QB and then decided at the last second to make him miss.

That was incredible. I mean...my first thought when he did the Euro step was...oh my God...Penn State fans are flashing back to Adrian Clayborn blocking that punt and returning it.

For a 305 pound man to, first off, make the interception, and then to take it to the house...well...that was one for the ages.

This guy is going to make a lot of money at the next level. Pro scouts want the athletic freaks...they will use them accordingly.

Awesome...just awesome. The look on James Franklin's face (just the eyes of course) was just priceless.
The only thing that could have made it better would have been had he dunked the ball over the goalpost.

Let's not forget the first part of this play which was his mental part of recognizing the play, stop his normal pass rush (unless the Dee play call was him to drop in the flat, but I doubt it), and drop off into that position!!! That was the smart playmaker part of him coming to the fore.

Nixon has stood out with his high motor and great plays since the first snap this year at Purdue. Love it and great for him as they said he leads the Big in TFLoss.

Seems like he has enough versatility/athleticism to be a DE at the next level. Probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder now with plenty of time to slip into the late 1st.

Iowa's version of the Fridge.

No. The Fridge wasn't anywhere near as athletic as D Nixon. He was just big.

That crossover with the ball was some bad shit... one of the nastiest pick 6 returns I've ever seen...especially when you consider it was a 300lb defensive lineman going 70 yards

Unbelievable play by a hell of a player. I thought he was kind of an athletic versatile Christian Ballard type. But hell he's better then I'd thought. He's so quick and fast with his hands and feet both. He has dare I say it an Aaron Darnold potential about him. Maybe not as high of ceiling as that but I'd say he's in the ball park. Plus the guys personality is just so infectious. He should be doing toothpaste commercials. He's quickly became my favorite Hawk.

No. The Fridge wasn't anywhere near as athletic as D Nixon. He was just big.

That crossover with the ball was some bad shit... one of the nastiest pick 6 returns I've ever seen...especially when you consider it was a 300lb defensive lineman going 70 yards
I remember the local Chicago media showing some of Fridge’s athletic skills. He could easily dunk a basketball, and while he didn’t jump out of a pool, they did show him doing standing jumps to a 3-foot tall box. He had some skills. But he would have run out of gas after 10 yards if he’d have picked off a pass. Nixon’s amazing......he didn’t slow down at all through the end zone.

I remember the local Chicago media showing some of Fridge’s athletic skills. He could easily dunk a basketball, and while he didn’t jump out of a pool, they did show him doing standing jumps to a 3-foot tall box. He had some skills. But he would have run out of gas after 10 yards if he’d have picked off a pass. Nixon’s amazing......he didn’t slow down at all through the end zone.

Fridge was ridiculous in terms of his explosiveness. His burst off the line was unfathomable for a man that size. But he didn't have much endurance.

Latest posts