David Raih back on staff at Iowa?

I was in the same graduate program as him and he is the smoothest talker I have ever met. You can definitely tell he was in medical sales at one point in his life. Both him and Bullen are pretty good guys.

This should work well in recruiting then. :D

We did ask Mary in a round about fashion who the next defensive coordinator was going to be...she laughed and said "We don't talk about stuff like that".

Raih's bio shows a very strong track record of selling written all over it.

Bring in some strong football minds heading the OC / DC and surround them with some personnel with youth, energy, and people skills / salesmanship traits and it has my vote.

Recruiting hasn't gotten easier in the last 10 years and we no longer have "low staff turnover" as one of our trademark selling points. Ferentz has a great opportunity to change the landscape a bit and really begin to lay a foundation for a second wind for this program.

We had David on the air last Thursday w/ Mary Ferentz. He is a super nice kid and evidently has a great football mind. He never got to play much as a QB so I don't know how good of a player he was. If Kirk wants him...I'm good.

What is your show? Is it available online?

Trying not to out myself but I have some experience with DR in sales. He was never, ever smarmy or insincere. Just a really nice guy with persistence. Hope he does exceedingly well!

So the new staff may look something like this?

DC- Jim Herrman

OC- Soup Campbell
WR/QB - David Raih
DL -LeVar Woods

Knighthawk it was a community affairs program from Monica's in Coralville. David and Mary are working on the Ladies Football Academy and we are helping them promote it. We do NOT record the community affairs programs because they are audio only. Any thing we do on the video stream...we put online at our website 1630kcjj.com.

First off can Soup do a good job of play calling? Second, note to Kirk Ferentz..once again you let the PR grapevine get out ahead of you! When will the coaching staff EVER learn.

Mr. B. Ferentz left out?

I think B Ferentz really hinges on two things:

1) Does Reese Morgan retire?

2) Does B Ferentz want to come back to Iowa? It seems as if he has a pretty good gig in NE and is sounds as if he may have additional responsibilities next season.

First off can Soup do a good job of play calling? Second, note to Kirk Ferentz..once again you let the PR grapevine get out ahead of you! When will the coaching staff EVER learn.

I know... if everyone finds out who our coaches are two days before the scheduled press conference we'll probably have to disband the football program. :rolleyes:

I think B Ferentz really hinges on two things:

1) Does Reese Morgan retire?

2) Does B Ferentz want to come back to Iowa? It seems as if he has a pretty good gig in NE and is sounds as if he may have additional responsibilities next season.

If Eric Johnson moves to an administrative position, as expected, suddenly Iowa would be in need of a TE coach. Luckily we know of a TE coach who was in Indianapolis yesterday... :)

I think B Ferentz really hinges on two things: 1) Does Reese Morgan retire? 2) Does B Ferentz want to come back to Iowa? It seems as if he has a pretty good gig in NE and is sounds as if he may have additional responsibilities next season.
If Eric Johnson moves to an administrative position, as expected, suddenly Iowa would be in need of a TE coach. Luckily we know of a TE coach who was in Indianapolis yesterday... :)

As expected? I have seen it a few places but mostly people guessing. Anyone else came out "expecting" this?

Really hope Iowa hires a QB coach always thought Iowa needed one. Such an important position needs its own coach IMO

Wow, a bump from 2 years ago. Nice work.

Knew it was just a matter of time. Hopefully, he can translate a little of that Chow pro-style offense.

Sorry, I was the one who bumped it a second time. I seen the tweet and did a search to make sure there was not already a thread on this before I started a new one.

Latest posts