David Raih back on staff at Iowa?

That's cool. He worked under Norm Chow and Neuheisel, now KF and KO. Certainly an asset to the staff, quasi QB coach, I'm sure that may make some people happy.

Yes. He had a job selling surgical supplies etc and I heard he was doing well. He gave it up for a coaching offer. I've met him a few times. Really really nice guy.

IIRC David Raih also dated Bowlsby's daughter while he was on the Iowa football team. BTW Drew Tate's success as a sophomore (to a certain degree) was based on mentoring by Raih.

I have a suspicious feeling that he will swap in that GA position for an assistant coach position at Iowa in the future.

hmmmmmm.......

PatHarty Pat Harty
Keep hearing that Iowa graduate assistant and former walk-on qb david Raih is seriously being considered for one of the coaching vacancies.

If you've ever heard the story of how Dave talked his way onto Neuheisel's UCLA staff, this would cap an amazing sequence of events.

We had David on the air last Thursday w/ Mary Ferentz. He is a super nice kid and evidently has a great football mind. He never got to play much as a QB so I don't know how good of a player he was. If Kirk wants him...I'm good.

I think the Press Citizen (or maybe the Gazette) did a feature on him a couple of years ago. Basically he was a surgical rep and decided he really wanted to pursue coaching. He went to UCLA and through sheer nerver and relentlessness, he got a gopher job that eventually led him back here to become a GA.

I was in the same graduate program as him and he is the smoothest talker I have ever met. You can definitely tell he was in medical sales at one point in his life. Both him and Bullen are pretty good guys.

Latest posts