David Cato Future PT

BQuastU

Is the most we can expect to see of David Cato a special teams role and back up to Sash throughout his career or is it reasonable to expect him to replace Greenwood in 11' for a single year as a starter? Could be wrong, but he appears to be a talented guy with speed and strength, but stuck behind two starters.

Is the most we can expect to see of David Cato a special teams role and back up to Sash throughout his career or is it reasonable to expect him to replace Greenwood in 11' for a single year as a starter? Could be wrong, but he appears to be a talented guy with speed and strength, but stuck behind two starters.

As of today I do not seeing him switching safety positions....things could change but it is unlikely as of now.

As of today I do not seeing him switching safety positions....things could change but it is unlikely as of now.

I don't see any reason Tyler could slide over to the FS spot and I would assume thats going to be the position he plays in the NFL. If Cato is that talented they find a place for him to play when Greenwood leaves.

He will be on the field ALOT in 20 10. Nickel packages, perhaps every Special team possible and others where needed. David Cato is a play making kind of guy and don't think the coaches have not noticed his incredible potential.

I think it is possible he would be a candidate for a red shirt like Jacody Coleman was supposed to be. I don't think Sash will be here after his junior year as he is highly regarded by NFL scouting services already. If Iowa has the depth and Sash can stay injury free Cato could start for two seasons. I also think he could move to LB and possibly be in the mix.