David Cato and Josh Brown leaving program

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
According to HawkeyeSports.com and Jon Miller, freshman RB Josh Brown and sophomore CB David Cato have decided to leave football program.

Rather shocked at the Cato decision given he would probably compete for time next year. Not surprised at Brown's decision as we have a truck load of RBs next season.

TWO HAWKEYES TO LEAVE
IOWA CITY, IA – University of Iowa freshman running back Josh Brown and sophomore defensive back David Cato have decided to leave the University of Iowa.
Brown was a 5-11, 200-pounder from St. Petersburg, FL. Cato was a 5-11, 205-pounder from Arlington, TX. Both have indicated they will transfer to schools closer to home.

Cato departure will take a hit on experience because he played some and was probably going to be the nickle/dime back on those formations. Plus with Spievey gone our DB depth is rather thin. If one goes down with an injury whose left? Hyde and Lowe...???

Lowe needs a lot of work but i thought Castillo played really good but slowed by injuries. Jack Swanson Looked good at safety but need some one else to work at ss.

I remember right after the Michigan State game, as the rest of the team was piled up on the goal line celebrating, the cameras showed Cato walking off the field into the tunnel, appearing uninterested in what just happened.

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but makes me think he just wasn't into it at that point.

Best of luck to David, especially since he's had to deal with that auto accident before the bowl game as well.

Latest posts