David Bell No Longer Taking Iowa Official

Look out MAC...Kirk the poacher is coming at ya!

Actually to tell the truth, a WR that tall is kind of intriguing.
My guess is he'll end up a TE. If he's 215 now with that frame he's going to put on 20 more lbs pretty easily the next couple years. Which is fine by be. Wonder how fast he is and all that. Their must be something about his attributes that's holding him down or why isn't their more buzz about a kid as big as that?

My guess is he'll end up a TE. If he's 215 now with that frame he's going to put on 20 more lbs pretty easily the next couple years. Which is fine by be. Wonder how fast he is and all that. Their must be something about his attributes that's holding him down or why isn't their more buzz about a kid as big as that?

Saw that some are projecting he is staying at WR because he has good speed for his size. I am wondering if there were some academic concerns.

He actually has offers from Michigan State, Iowa State, Missouri, Washington State, Ole Miss, and Pittsburgh.
Ole Miss..... Stands out like sore thumb amongst that group. Supposedly they've been trying to clean up that mess of a program. I'd love to land a big long tall kid like that. Watching what Butler has been doing at ISU is something to be jealous of... Not sure if this kid is as fast or good as him but you can't teach 6'6 and long arms.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get some scrappy gritty gutty lunchpail two-star guy who will eventually be able to put up 3 catches for 19 yards his senior year.

Ole Miss..... Stands out like sore thumb amongst that group. Supposedly they've been trying to clean up that mess of a program. I'd love to land a big long tall kid like that. Watching what Butler has been doing at ISU is something to be jealous of... Not sure if this kid is as fast or good as him but you can't teach 6'6 and long arms.

Butler should have way better numbers than he does just from the simple fact he drops a lot of passes. He also plays in a league where defense is optional and probably the best defense is on his own team so to me his numbers are skewed but I know where you are coming from. I am not so concerned about the frame of the guy we just need them to catch the ball and get open and that is something that has been very inconsistent for several years now. I would be more than happy if we were able to get another DJK/McNutt Combo.

WR recruiting has arguably been Kirk's poorest attribute during his tenure. I never thought we had a realistic shot at Bell anyway, but, nevertheless, we could do soooo much better at that position.

An astounding statistic:

In 20 years, no WR Kirk recruited and developed has had a catch in an NFL regular season game (Willies doesn't count, and he only has three). None. In fact, only one, Tevaun Smith, has even been active for an NFL regular season game (two).

Over a 20 year span, that is amazing to me. You would think that just by pure luck we would have had at least a few, especially considering that Iowa is at least a mid-tier P5 program, and runs a "pro-style" offense. Even Georgia Tech, which runs a heavy run-oriented offense, has had many stud WRs over that span of time.

WR recruiting has arguably been Kirk's poorest attribute during his tenure. I never thought we had a realistic shot at Bell anyway, but, nevertheless, we could do soooo much better at that position.

An astounding statistic:

In 20 years, no WR Kirk recruited and developed has had a catch in an NFL regular season game (Willies doesn't count, and he only has three). None. In fact, only one, Tevaun Smith, has even been active for an NFL regular season game (two).

Over a 20 year span, that is amazing to me. You would think that just by pure luck we would have had at least a few, especially considering that Iowa is at least a mid-tier P5 program, and runs a "pro-style" offense. Even Georgia Tech, which runs a heavy run-oriented offense, has had many stud WRs over that span of time.
I thought McCarron was going to stick with the Pats and be the next Welker type... Nope scratch that...

I frankly don't care if Iowa ever has a receiver in the NFL. What I do care about is how good they are at Iowa and they have struggled lately with that. Although I think that could be turning around.

According Blair Sanderson, Bell signed with Purdue last month, but he kept it hushed until today, like Brents and Johnson last year.

Purdue won’t do squat in the conference. Pull a few upsets here and there but their line play just average and that will negate their skill position recruiting.

Purdue won’t do squat in the conference. Pull a few upsets here and there but their line play just average and that will negate their skill position recruiting.
Not sure, but they lost a ton this year I think.
To early to look at all that stuff, but yeah I don't see them doing very well for awhile.

Latest posts