Dan Le Batard

Derp derp 7.5 wins a year = Legend

Ferentz has averaged 8.1 wins per year for the past 17 years. He may not be a legend, but he'll be in the College Football Hall of Fame when he retires, guaranteed.

You sir, on the other hand, have been elected into the Hawkeye Nation Trolling Hall of Shame. A singular honor, to say the least. Congratulations on your achievement.

Nope. Neither of them are legends. Maybe some folks consider Fry a legend for creating traditions and bringing Iowa out of the dark ages, but as far as wins and losses, neither coaches are legends. One thing to consider though, Fry coached in an era of 11 game seasons, while Ferentz coached in an era of 12 game seasons. Give Fry one more patsy a year like Kirk had and Bam! Fry averages 8.5 wins a year.

As long as you're going to be logically consistent with it, I'm happy with your answer. I just wanted to point out the possibility for a huge heaping spoonful of hypocrisy that might have unfolded here.

Nope. Neither of them are legends. Maybe some folks consider Fry a legend for creating traditions and bringing Iowa out of the dark ages, but as far as wins and losses, neither coaches are legends. One thing to consider though, Fry coached in an era of 11 game seasons, while Ferentz coached in an era of 12 game seasons. Give Fry one more patsy a year like Kirk had and Bam! Fry averages 8.5 wins a year.

So neither fit your definition of a legend. Your criteria for legend is some 77 wins a season we get it.

But you can't ignore everything else Kirk has represented / contributed either. Does that make him a legend? I think that's 1000% someones opinion and guess what THAT'S OKAY. Now go piss off <--- Not an opinion, but a fact

Ferentz has averaged 8.1 wins per year for the past 17 years. He may not be a legend, but he'll be in the College Football Hall of Fame when he retires, guaranteed.

You sir, on the other hand, have been elected into the Hawkeye Nation Trolling Hall of Shame. A singular honor, to say the least. Congratulations on your achievement.
3083403-1202761970-cherr.jpg

As long as you're going to be logically consistent with it, I'm happy with your answer. I just wanted to point out the possibility for a huge heaping spoonful of hypocrisy that might have unfolded here.
Thank you for being rational and level headed. :)

So neither fit your definition of a legend. Your criteria for legend is some 77 wins a season we get it.

But you can't ignore everything else Kirk has represented / contributed either. Does that make him a legend? I think that's 1000% someones opinion and guess what THAT'S OKAY. Now go piss off <--- Not an opinion, but a fact
Don't let your blind love for KF affect your emotions. ;)

<insert Joe Paterno/Jerry Sandusky comment here>
I can point to hundreds of former PSU players that had nothing but great things to say about Paterno (especially) and Sandusky (pre-trial). And there are many PSU fans and former players that still consider Paterno a Legend. The word "legend" clearly gets thrown around way too often, by a lot of idiots.

I can point to hundreds of former PSU players that had nothing but great things to say about Paterno (especially) and Sandusky (pre-trial). And there are many PSU fans and former players that still consider Paterno a Legend. The word "legend" clearly gets thrown around way too often, by a lot of idiots.

Legend is subjective. Thats all. Everyone seems to agree that bill synder is a legend and he's been mostly irrelevant since the 90s