Dakich likes the hawks

Here is what he says about Purdue and Iowa...

2. Purdue. Having won eight of nine, this team has brought a Purdue-style leadership and toughness back to the program. Plus, the Boilermakers have become confident scorers and have two big men to throw it to, A.J. Hammons and Isaac Haas. Sleep on Purdue, and your bracket may be busted.
3. Iowa. The Hawkeyes have everything you want in a team -- size, skill and speed. Ask Big Ten players and they will tell you this is the most difficult matchup in the league. Iowa's inconsistency is baffling, but if the Hawkeyes relax and just play, they can reach the second weekend.

I agree with Dakich on Iowa. The inconsistency is truly baffling. Mostly the NW game. But Iowa is a tough match-up, especially Uthoff. And if White keeps hitting open 3's forget about it.

I don't agree with him on Purdue (yet). Only impressive road win is @Indiana. We'll know more when Purdue plays its next two games @OSU and @MSU.

I agree with Dakich on Iowa. The inconsistency is truly baffling. Mostly the NW game. But Iowa is a tough match-up, especially Uthoff. And if White keeps hitting open 3's forget about it.

I don't agree with him on Purdue (yet). Only impressive road win is @Indiana. We'll know more when Purdue plays its next two games @OSU and @MSU.

I am also not sold on Purdue. They lost a number of games in the non con including a blow out to Notre Dame and home loss to North FLA who we blew out.

They benefited from a great unbalanced schedule, tough to beat at home and allowed to play mug you defense in conference play. That will not hold water in the tourney if they make it.

The NW game is no longer such a baffling thing in case you haven't been paying attention. The Wildcats have won four in a row, including against the Hoosiers, and blew out PSU and won at Minnesota. They aren't that bad of a team.

2. Purdue. Having won eight of nine, this team has brought a Purdue-style leadership and toughness back to the program. Plus, the Boilermakers have become confident scorers and have two big men to throw it to, A.J. Hammons and Isaac Haas. Sleep on Purdue, and your bracket may be busted.
3. Iowa. The Hawkeyes have everything you want in a team -- size, skill and speed. Ask Big Ten players and they will tell you this is the most difficult matchup in the league. Iowa's inconsistency is baffling, but if the Hawkeyes relax and just play, they can reach the second weekend.

Regardless of Dakich's rant on Woody (his schtick is to be a "shock Jock"...hey, new nickname = Shockich) he does know X's and O's. When we isn't trying to be sensational, he nails his analysis'. I agree with him on both. But, Iowa's "run" and Purdon't's "run" are different in that Iowa has way more talent and depth.

More baffling is the home loss to a sub par MN team.

Well, they did just beat Sparty. It was a game we should have won, and would have without 18 turnovers and shooting below 44%. the loss to NW was much worse, although lately that doesn't even look as bad.

Any B1G can beat almost any other on a given day and scenario, especially when the "favored" team plays poorly.

Just beat Penn State, cause that would be a killer loss.

Go Hawks.

Did he also mention ,that if you bet against the Hawks, you may get your eyes poked out?

Does anyone listen to what this ****** says, really? I caught an early Michigan game this year that he did and you would have thought they were going to win the B10 title. I don't care about the Woodbury stuff, I thought he was an idiot last year also.

Does anyone like this guy?

The NW game is no longer such a baffling thing in case you haven't been paying attention. The Wildcats have won four in a row, including against the Hoosiers, and blew out PSU and won at Minnesota. They aren't that bad of a team.

LOL!!!

What is important isn't that Dakich likes the hawks, but if the hawks like Dakich. I think the guy is an idiot. I suppose he will be announcing the game when Iowa plays Indiana so I won't be watching it. He gives me a kind of sickly feeling.

Latest posts