D-Line, It didn't hit me until I read the SI B10 Preview

I picked up a copy of the Americanzied cover SI B10 preview and was reading through it. I guess I thought I understood how good our Dline was supposed to be but it didnt hit me until I saw....

SI All B10 1st team Dline includes 3 hawkeyes, Clayborn, Ballad, Klug. That is absolutely crazy. Say this outloud... Iowa has the 3 best defensive linemen in the entire conference... WOW.

i didn't hit you until i saw this thread...

no really, our D-line is going to probably kill at least 6 QB's this season. i see terrelle pryor's head actually coming disassembled from his body. question is, would mr. daniels be on that list too if he was a starter?

god is it football season yet?

And this is the year for Binns to develop into the total package. He has the potential to be the speed rusher opposite of Clayborn's power rush. But Binns needs to be stronger against the run.

And this is the year for Binns to develop into the total package. He has the potential to be the speed rusher opposite of Clayborn's power rush. But Binns needs to be stronger against the run.

I have been thinking that Binns will be a stud since PSU last year. Clayborn got all the pub after that game (deservedly so) but Binns was killing people. Just think, if all 4 get double-teamed our defense can play 7 on 3. :)

I picked up a copy of the Americanzied cover SI B10 preview and was reading through it. I guess I thought I understood how good our Dline was supposed to be but it didnt hit me until I saw....

SI All B10 1st team Dline includes 3 hawkeyes, Clayborn, Ballad, Klug. That is absolutely crazy. Say this outloud... Iowa has the 3 best defensive linemen in the entire conference... WOW.

Sorry to kill the buzz, but that's not true. Depending on which scout you hear from, Cameron Heyward is better than Clayborn. And the 4 best DL don't necessarily get on the 1st team All-Big Ten. The top 4 could all be defensive ends, but only 2 get on 1st team. Kerrigan from Purdue is pretty special, too.

Sorry to kill the buzz, but that's not true. Depending on which scout you hear from, Cameron Heyward is better than Clayborn. And the 4 best DL don't necessarily get on the 1st team All-Big Ten. The top 4 could all be defensive ends, but only 2 get on 1st team. Kerrigan from Purdue is pretty special, too.

and you now need to give me a beer so i can get my buzz back...ya jerk!

we still have the best d-line in the conference(if not the country) and it will be fun as hell to watch them this year

Cameron can play the other D end opposit of AC.

I stand firm, we arguably have the 3 best defensive lineman in the B10.

we have the best Dline in the B10, there isn't a weak link in the front 4.

I never said we didn't have the best unit. I'm just saying that some DE's who didn't make 1st team thanks to Clayborn and Heyward may still be better players than Klug and Ballard. Kerrigan certainly comes to mind.

But I agree, we don't have a weak link, and we clearly have the best DL in the conference, maybe the nation.

Re: Iowa has 3/4 of All-Big Ten D-line

Binns seemed to come up with a lot of pass knock downs last year. He is definately getting overlooked. I think Iowa has the best front four we have ever had.

Re: Iowa has 3/4 of All-Big Ten D-line

I love this line....the game is won in the trenches...if you control the line of scrimmage you can stop a team.

tOSU's Heyward and Wisky's Watt are both VERY impressive players.

Michigan's Martin, MSU's Worthy, the Illini's Liuget, and Purdue's Kerrigan are also very good too.

As always, PSU has some high quality guys too. Nobody really stands out as a "star" yet though. Crawford could be poised to have a monster season though.

Latest posts