D Lee to the Braves?

Lee has been a bum. Atlanta better not be giving up much for him considering he is a FA. Not sure I like this at all.

Lee has been a bum. Atlanta better not be giving up much for him considering he is a FA. Not sure I like this at all.
I do. It saves the team some money in a lost season, and he was likely not coming back next year anyway. The team is basically getting something for nothing here as I doubt they would have offered arbitration in the off season to get the draft picks for fear he would accept. If Hendry is retained, he needs to not crap the bed with 1B or this could be the beginning of a painful stretch of losing seasons.

I do. It saves the team some money in a lost season, and he was likely not coming back next year anyway. The team is basically getting something for nothing here as I doubt they would have offered arbitration in the off season to get the draft picks for fear he would accept. If Hendry is retained, he needs to not crap the bed with 1B or this could be the beginning of a painful stretch of losing seasons.

A power hitting first baseman could do wonders for this lineup. The Cubs have some pieces, Colvin, Castro, Soto, Byrd all had solid years, they just had a huge hole in the middle of the lineup with Lee and Ramirez.

I am talking about the Braves...

This makes a ton of sense for both teams. The braves have a huge hole to fill at third with Chipper going down and Lee could help. Glauss could move back to 3rd and Lee could play first giving you two veteran run producers with post season experience.

This makes a ton of sense for both teams. The braves have a huge hole to fill at third with Chipper going down and Lee could help. Glauss could move back to 3rd and Lee could play first giving you two veteran run producers with post season experience.
Have you watched the Braves this year? Glauss has been horrible at the plate and with his bad wheels he would only be marginally better than a statue defensively at third. Prado will be fine at third. Bring up Freeman for first base rather than trading away prospects for Lee.

Smart move by the Cubs. D Lee's best days are behind him. Cubs save money here. D Lee was a major problem this year. You can't have one of your bigger run producers batting in the low. 200's. Castro, Colvin, Soto, Byrd and even Soriano are enough to build around. Ramirez has been good since he returned from injury so they are good there.

Huge hole? Not even close.

You guys are nuts. Prado is a 2nd baseman, leave him there.

That is DLee's average, slugging percentage, and OBPS since the break. That alone is a huge upgrade over what Glauss is doing at first, not to mention he's light years ahead of Glaus defensively at first.

He's also light years ahead of any prospect you think the Braves might or should call up. The time to call up a prospect is in May, or in September if you are out of the race. You don't call up a rookie first baseman and throw him in to a meat grinder and post season, especially when you can get a productive veteran with a history of producing in the post season.

I am talking about the Braves...
Ah, yes, it's a slightly less attractive deal for the Braves if they take on the salary as it's rumored to be. It depends a lot on how they intend on configuring their infield, but Lee isn't nearly as bad as his overall season numbers indicate. He's not going to be a 1000 OPS guy the rest of the season, but he's likely to be a lot closer to 900 than 700.

Great. Now my DLee t-shirt jersey will be useless as well. Have a Lilly one, too. Not too upset they're letting DLee go, but Lilly was my boy dammit!

Here are the post AS stats of two guys. First tell me which is DLee and which is Glauss, then tell me DLee wouldnt be a huge upgrade at first.

.196Ave .304Slug .595OPS 2HR 12RBI
.313Ave .583Slug .939OPS 6HR 20RBI

Word from Bob Nightengale of USA Today is the deal will be finalized this afternoon, and Glaus is headed to the bench.

Braves fan here, this deal is good only if the Braves trade low grade prospects. Glaus will never play 3rd, honestly its looks like he could go down any second now, his legs are in bad shape. They will either put Prado there or Infante, and they actually might switch it up at some point. Both Prado and Infante will be in the lineup the rest of the year, they are just to good not to be in there.

Latest posts