D.J. and Greg Stokes Talk About Walking On

Here's a freebie courtesy of Tom Kakert and HawkeyeReport.com...

HawkeyeReport.com - McCaffery adds Stokes as walk-on

Thanks, Shane. Now, that's how you build relationships! Start by taking care of home. McCaffery is smart. Greg Stokes is well-respected and well-connected at Kirkwood. Kiah Stokes is all-world. DJ's best basketball is ahead of him. I like the way McCaffery thinks. There's another guy at Linn Mar who is pretty good, too. That left-handed point guard.

The real question is, does Rev. Bob Holtzhammer have a son?

I watched an old game from the mid-80's last weekend and hearing his voice in the background gave me goosebumps...

Yunno, I can't even imagine what it would be like to grow like that.

My son grew like that in H.S. and it caused joint issues, particularly with his knees, but the right exercises can help. Plus, we had too feed him. He and his buddies were really fond of the all you can eat pizza restaurant, coincidentally, it's now out of business.

Another nice move by Fran. A lot to gain for everyone. You have to think young Stokes has a lot of opportunity to get better if he works at it. The size and mentoring will be there.

I have a real good feeling about this. I think if young Stokes does what he is told and hits the weights and works hard, listens to both his father and his coach, he will eventually wind up under scholarship and be one of those diamonds in the rough.

My son grew like that in H.S. and it caused joint issues, particularly with his knees, but the right exercises can help. Plus, we had too feed him. He and his buddies were really fond of the all you can eat pizza restaurant, coincidentally, it's now out of business.

I think a lot of us had joint issues in highschool...oh the stuff we got away with...thank God!:eek:

I saw DJ play a few times at Linn Mar. I believe he is a legimate walk-on who if he works hard can get some valuable minutes. He really needs to get stronger and bulk up, but he is a good leaper and good around the basket, gets alot of junk. He needs to be a bit more consistant. I saw him score a bunch of points quickly one game and then never scored again. I think with the right coaching he can play in a year or two. Still looked quite a bit shorter than Greg, I saw them at parents night.

Latest posts