Cyrus Kouandjio Article

Iowa would be a good choice for him, though I would be surprised if he chooses us. He can choose any school he wants, but learning the trade from KF would be a smart move for any O-lineman.

The author forgot to mention that his former teammate Marcus Coker is already in Iowa City.

That was my first thought when I saw his school on Scout a long time ago. But, his brother Arie signed with Alabama in February. Blood runs thicker than water, so I wouldn't count on Coker being the deciding factor for him.

That said, he would be smart to come here, though so would Henderson have been, and Sterup. But Saban has a pretty decent line of lineman that he's produced over the years (not as impressive as ours, but nothing to sneeze at), and his teams are almost always NC contenders, where as we come by that once in a blue moon.

I certainly would love to have Kouandjio join the Hawks, as pairing him up with Walsh and Blythe would make for a rock solid OL class, and anchor the line for the future.

That was my first thought when I saw his school on Scout a long time ago. But, his brother Arie signed with Alabama in February. Blood runs thicker than water, so I wouldn't count on Coker being the deciding factor for him.

I would agree with that, but it shouldn't hurt either.

Geesh could you imagine the future O-line potential if he signed with Iowa? Geeesh! Nice to see Iowa is in the running for his services!

Geesh could you imagine the future O-line potential if he signed with Iowa? Geeesh! Nice to see Iowa is in the running for his services!
Sounds like you think an offensive line of Fiederowicz & Hamilton at TE, Koulandjio & Rieff at OT, Blythe & Donnal at OG, Walsh at C would be enough that we could finally beat Penn State? Yes, Getz, Ferentz, Clark, Scherff, van Sloten, Bofelli, maybe Allen, maybe French would provide the depth that we could fight off Minnie and Illanoy maybe?
Temper your enthusiasm. They might not be as good even as the Green Bay Packers OL.

Sounds like you think an offensive line of Fiederowicz & Hamilton at TE, Koulandjio & Rieff at OT, Blythe & Donnal at OG, Walsh at C would be enough that we could finally beat Penn State? Yes, Getz, Ferentz, Clark, Scherff, van Sloten, Bofelli, maybe Allen, maybe French would provide the depth that we could fight off Minnie and Illanoy maybe?
Temper your enthusiasm. They might not be as good even as the Green Bay Packers OL.

????...

We get this kid with the stud ouf of Ohio from last year ...

the pickup of Walsh and hopefully soon Allen the center out of Illinois it is flashback time to 2002