cyclones cant handle Iowa success

You want some good stuff? Go over to the CycloneFanatic "in state rivals" forum. There's some really good hawk hatin' going on over there.

I've heard some Clone fans on KXnO who actually seem to be genuinely rooting for Iowa to keep this run going...the rest however, are just sitting in their Hawkeye hating dungeons, waiting for the second the clock hits 0:00 on Iowa's first loss so they can come out and boldy proclaim..."I KNEW THEY WOULDN'T GO UNDEFEATED!"

ask them what their strength of schedule is... i'm sick of ISU fans saying they play in the Big 12. U play in the north, dont kid yourself! Big 12 north is a joke!! SO u pay 2 south teams this year....big deal! We will play 2 top 15 teams on the road(PSU, OSU) not to mention the 25th ranked badgers on the road. Hawks 1, Cyclowns 0.

ask them what their strength of schedule is... i'm sick of ISU fans saying they play in the Big 12. U play in the north, dont kid yourself! Big 12 north is a joke!! SO u pay 2 south teams this year....big deal! We will play 2 top 15 teams on the road(PSU, OSU) not to mention the 25th ranked badgers on the road. Hawks 1, Cyclowns 0.

The Big XII has a whole has disappointed so far. The North is terrible and the South is under performing. OU and Okie State, two teams that were supposed be really good, are average. Texas is the only good team, and even they have looked suspect at times.

The Big XII has a whole has disappointed so far. The North is terrible and the South is under performing. OU and Okie State, two teams that were supposed be really good, are average. Texas is the only good team, and even they have looked suspect at times.

I would agree with you. The B12 is overrated and the B10 is underrated as always.

Texas is arguably better than Iowa at this point in the season. That being said, Iowa looks better than all of the other teams in the Big 12 and Big Ten combined.

I would agree with you. The B12 is overrated and the B10 is underrated as always.

I don't think it's a question of the Big 10 being underrated, as clearly the conference as a whole is down, and has been for about 3 years now. That being said, the Big 10 (this year) is easily on par with the Big 12. The North division is terrible, and like someone else said, the standard bearers in the South division haven't been anything to write home about.

Texas is arguably better than Iowa at this point in the season. That being said, Iowa looks better than all of the other teams in the Big 12 and Big Ten combined.

Let's not get crazy. Texas has played exactly one team with a pulse to this point in the season.

It seems like every time the Hawks are doing well, people say the Big Ten is down. They think that simply because Ohio State and Michigan aren't in the top 2 spots. This has happened many times in the past.

It seems like every time the Hawks are doing well, people say the Big Ten is down. They think that simply because Ohio State and Michigan aren't in the top 2 spots. This has happened many times in the past.

apparently people can't accept that the big 10 can have good teams other than PSU, Michigan, and OSU. I hate that people think we can only win in a "big ten is not good this year" season.

The B12 isn't the only conference down this season. The SEC hasn't exactly wowed anyone. Alabama looks like the best of the bunch but haven't exactly knocked my socks off as an incredible team. Very good, yes but there is not one team or conference in the country that has stood out. Those who are proclaiming that any one conference is head and shoulders above another is kidding themselves.

Love listenig to all my clone freinds say Iowa plays in big ten,iowa going to lose.iowa gets lucky,

A true sign of a losing program is when the only pleasure their fan base can have is to celebrate more in the loss(es) of their rivals than in their own team's victories.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with my Clone friends' reactions. To be honest, I'm rooting hard for the Clones this year. I want to see them get to the post season. One, it helps our SOS. Two, I like Paul Rhoads and think it's ISUs time to rise back to mediocrity.

And that joke was fantastic.

I read somewhere, maybe even on this board, that joke prior to reading it above. It was accompanied by this one:

Q - Where is the safest place you can be during a tornado?
A - At Jack Trice...there's never been a touchdown there!

Its very true. Texas has been given their status. We've earned. (I know i'm biased)

Well they were given their status by winning five straight bowl games, three which were BCS games, two of which were Rose Bowls, and the big one over USC for the National Title.

I hate Texas too, but I'll tip my hat when it is due. They deserve the high ranking so far.