Cubs' Colvin impaled by broken bat

Ouch. Thankfully, it sounds like the kid will be alright.

It makes me wonder what kind of bat Castillo was using. Isn't it the maple ones that have been a problem in recent years?

man, that's crazy.

on a side note, cubs just finished the road trip 8-1, haha. too little, too late

On a serious note...if that bat hits him 5 inches higher there's a serious emergency situation going on...I'm going on the assumption that it was a maple bat...get rid of them!

man, that's crazy.

on a side note, cubs just finished the road trip 8-1, haha. too little, too late

Very true. Pretty impressive how hard they're playing. Yes, I know that most of these guys are playing for roster spots next year and that there isn't any pressure on any of them. But still, 15-7 since Lou left is pretty good.

Very true. Pretty impressive how hard they're playing. Yes, I know that most of these guys are playing for roster spots next year and that there isn't any pressure on any of them. But still, 15-7 since Lou left is pretty good.
Agreed. Pitching has been very good lately. They will have to make due without Colvin and Soto (shoulder surgery) for the rest of the year now.

Glad he's ok, what a freak accident.

Ya gotta love the sensationalist headlines... you'd think he was laying on the field with the bat stuck into his abdomen gushing blood.

Hardly..."impaled".

Glad he's ok, what a freak accident.

Ya gotta love the sensationalist headlines... you'd think he was laying on the field with the bat stuck into his abdomen gushing blood.

Hardly..."impaled".

He is in the hospital with a chest tube to treat the collapsed lung he suffered. So yes impaled is the correct term. If that struck him a little lower on the left side we are talking about something very different. So this time not so sensationalistic.

Latest posts