Crowd.

Please keep it up fans - take nothing for granted!! Go hawks!
And therein lies the problem the rest of the way out. The fans, just like the players, aren't blind. They know the difference between a 3 v 4 match-up and Purdue.

If the fans aren't cranked up to 11 for thr remaining games, no biggie, but keeping the intensity up among the players will be a very real challenge. At this level of competition, the performance differential between "good" and "great" focus/effort is huge. Thankfully, we've got great coaches who have deliberately recruited for certain personality traits, so I like our chances of avoiding a let down better than just about anyone else's.

Also, don't forget, fellow Hawk fans:

@ Wisconsin
@ NW
@ Nebraska

NW will be like an extra home game and the 'Cats look pitiful this year, so not overly worried about that one.

But Wisconsin and Nebraksa? Better buckle up for those, my friends. They'll be trying to do to us what we just did to PSU.

As long as we keep winning, we are very likely to be either #1 or #2. Going on the road with that ranking is like going for a walk in wolf infested woods wearing boxer shorts made out of sirloin steak.

Think of the advantage we would have if we could crank up similar noise for basketball games.

Taking note of this Barta? Probably not.
Carver is a major disappointment. With the way Carver is laid out, you'd need to move the students courtside and spread them out laterally rather than stuffing them into a corner like we do now.

To fix it, you'd have to piss off a bunch of deep pocketed old people.

Carver is a major disappointment. With the way Carver is laid out, you'd need to move the students courtside and spread them out laterally rather than stuffing them into a corner like we do now.

To fix it, you'd have to piss off a bunch of deep pocketed old people.
This isn't the correct thread for this but yo are wrong. There aren't any students at the women's games and it gets rocking! Oh by the way lots and lots of old people attend the women's games.

This isn't the correct thread for this but yo are wrong. There aren't any students at the women's games and it gets rocking! Oh by the way lots and lots of old people attend the women's games.

If you think that’s “rocking” then you’ve never really experienced it.

It was awesome. Loudest game I’ve ever witnessed. And I can’t remember any game where it impacted the opposing team as much as this one.
DITTO. Was on 10 yard line row 18 north end. Could see the pee running down the linemen's legs! Almost felt sorry for them.

My ears hurt and are still ringing.

Whatever you say. I won't argue with you.
What is there to argue about? There is no way the 4-8k crowds that go to women’s game between generates more noise in Carver than the mens crowds that are 10-15k. These are all Hawkeye fans, the ones going to women’s games are not any better fans than the ones that go to the mens. There’s probably a good chunk of fans that attend both.

There has been a problem with the acoustics in Carver, everyone knows this. Moving the students would help but it wouldn’t fix it.

Latest posts