Crickets over here

My oldest boy once played in a game where they scored on their first four plays from scrimmage, but seven had to leave everyone's head spinning.

Was there a continuous clock in the second half?

The way things were going the player who picked off the pass probably got a good ribbing for not getting a pick six:D
I'm sure there was a continuous clock. My mother-in-law was 15 minutes late for the game and it was already 28-0 when she sat down. She thought she wrote the start time down wrong.

Both the Iowa basketball teams are preparing quietly, and will let their play speak on the court speak for them. Iowa's all-american center is very humble, but she is truly great, and she will set many records in this her senior season.

we-all-go-a-little-mad-sometimes-monday-madness.gif
giphy.gif

You're not wrong about much here, but I would point out that Iowa has it's highest rated recruit in about 20 years on the team this year. Not to mention 3 four star players in Joe W, Cook and Garza. So, Fran's been landing highly rated players and because he missed on 1 kid, doesn't change that fact. I am excited for this season but after last year, how can anyone be overly optimistic? I just don't know how much you can rail on Fran for needing to land some big fish when he has 3 four stars on one team. Not sure the last time Iowa has had that. That said, there's 0 excuse for the team to not be good this season and if it's not, it's 100% an indictment of Fran being a bad coach. He gets this season to prove it or move it.
Yeah with Cook coming back the amount of excuses Fran has for this year sure aren't very many... That said his new contract says he isn't going anywhere... Things have to get Licklighter bad before changes are made around Iowa City that's pretty much where the barometer is. And even he got an extra year or two longer then he should have...

Yeah with Cook coming back the amount of excuses Fran has for this year sure aren't very many... That said his new contract says he isn't going anywhere... Things have to get Licklighter bad before changes are made around Iowa City that's pretty much where the barometer is. And even he got an extra year or two longer then he should have...

Licklighter got 3 years total, that's not an extra 1 or 2 longer then he should have, that's an amazingly quick hook IMO for any where. But such is the way in big time college sports.

Last season was Lick bad. If Iowa sees another season like it, while I agree Fran wouldn't automatically get fired, they'd at least entertain the idea regardless of length of contract or buy out, which both drop after this year and are pretty much industry standard anymore in contracts.He will have lost the fan base completely and Iowa HAS the money and it can't afford to keep around a guy who is going to put it's basketball program in the cellar.

All that said, I expect Iowa to dance this season and have one hell of a remarkable turn around.

Licklighter got 3 years total, that's not an extra 1 or 2 longer then he should have, that's an amazingly quick hook IMO for any where. But such is the way in big time college sports.

Last season was Lick bad. If Iowa sees another season like it, while I agree Fran wouldn't automatically get fired, they'd at least entertain the idea regardless of length of contract or buy out, which both drop after this year and are pretty much industry standard anymore in contracts.He will have lost the fan base completely and Iowa HAS the money and it can't afford to keep around a guy who is going to put it's basketball program in the cellar.

All that said, I expect Iowa to dance this season and have one hell of a remarkable turn around.

Yeah I exaggerated on the 2 extra years part there'd have to be other beyond basketball reasons to fire him much earlier than what they did really. But man he dug a hole for Fran to get out of. And kudos to him, MG and Woody for doing just that.

Iowa's gotta get into the top 7 of the BIG this yr with this roster I think. That would include a trip dancing. Much less than that and there'll be some pitch forks out.