CP familiar story

revkev73

An article titled, "Cordell Pemsl Story Familiar To Us All" was posted on this site.

Since I am not on Twitter or Facebook to respond, my comments follow.

I disagree that "we can all" relate to the Pemsl story. His story is actually different, however. It is a life story of a second chance or 10 that is pissed away. His actions are similar to someone who has an addiction or entitlement problem. It is a selfish decision.

Many, many people have had a DUI or something similar (everyone can relate) but the majority of such people learn from the mistake, and for their own good and the good of their family/team etc. become more responsible and aware of the costs of their actions.

The exception are those who do something stupid, often out of ignorance or thinking it can't happen to them, and then fail to learn and with intent, do something just the same, without regard to those they have hurt along the way. This is destructive and selfish behavior. It is common but "we can't all relate to it."

Perhaps CP will learn, but I am not wasting any of my time worrying about it. He hurt the team, hurt himself and needs to grow into some "Big Boy Shoes" sooner rather than later.

I wish him well on his path to maturity. Unfortunately in our college and pro systems athletes are coddled and given too much special treatment and second or one hundred second chances, as long as they can still play.

My two cents...

I think it's pretty obvious that he's pretty much been driving since he lost his license. I doubt this was the first time he finally decided to risk it all because he really needed to eat McDonald's at 1 am. One other angle I hadn't thought about until I heard on a podcast is guys are supposed to be getting sleep and eating right. He was doing neither. I remember hearing how Jok had to make a big adjustment to his diet. He did and became a 1st team all conference player. It's pretty obvious to me why Pemsl is the player he is today. He clearly never decided to take it serious like a lot of other D1 athletes do.

I think it's pretty obvious that he's pretty much been driving since he lost his license. I doubt this was the first time he finally decided to risk it all because he really needed to eat McDonald's at 1 am. One other angle I hadn't thought about until I heard on a podcast is guys are supposed to be getting sleep and eating right. He was doing neither. I remember hearing how Jok had to make a big adjustment to his diet. He did and became a 1st team all conference player. It's pretty obvious to me why Pemsl is the player he is today. He clearly never decided to take it serious like a lot of other D1 athletes do.

Solid post.

Pretty easy to slide through life when people are waiting on you. Winners act differently, usually.

Latest posts