Couple other coaches saying Bueckers better than Clark.

Who really gives a F about Juju Watkins

For Christ's Sake

I mean. I do. Or will. It's weird. Next season, I will get a lot of her on my feed...cause...algorithm. And I'll pay a little attention to her when it crosses my eyeballs. Cause she's good. And not unadmirable as a person from what I've seen of her.

I've wondered how close I will follow women's basketball next year. I wouldn't say I'm a Fairweather fan. That would imply past fandom. I dont know what kind of fan i am. I really enjoy this women's game. But I'm fully willing to admit that I've never had even a passing interest enough in any basketball (mens/womens/pro/pewee) to "follow it" at any point before the year 1 BCC. You know..."before caitlin clark".

I'm 100% sure I will watch more Hawks games next year than I did at any point BCC. Cause Hannah. McCabe. Affolter. Etc. But I'm also reasonably sure I won't be hanging on every game. Who knows, though.

I will also watch some Fever games. I think I'm planning on going to one, assuming the initial madness dies down a bit and it doesn't cost a small fortune.

I'm not alone in this. And women's basketball is well suited to snare more people like me because there is a conveyor belt with players like Watkins. And others who will be diehard fans. And not just Hawk fans.

And no matter how hard the haters wanna try, it's because of one fantastic young woman. Hell, 90% of the haters wouldn't even care enough about any of all this... if it weren't for her.

JuJu Watkins is the one who's probably better. If she stays healthy for 4 years and USC goes deep in March she's gonna go cruising by CC's records.
It will be interesting to watch and follow juju’s career. Especially now that usc is in the b10. If she can stay healthy and ultimately end up breaking Clark’s scoring record it will be fun to watch.

A stat that I always look at is eFG%. For those that aren't familiar with it, it's points divided by 2, divided by # of shots.

If 2 people each shoot 10 shots and both shoot 4-10.

If player 1 makes 4 2-pointers, that's 8 points, which would be an eFG% of 40%.

If player 2 makes 4 3 pointers, that's 12 points which would be an eFG% of 60%.

Basically, 4-10 from 3 is the same as 6-10 from 2.

Clark's eFG is 57.1% (27th nationally). JuJu's is 45.1%.

A stat that I always look at is eFG%. For those that aren't familiar with it, it's points divided by 2, divided by # of shots.

If 2 people each shoot 10 shots and both shoot 4-10.

If player 1 makes 4 2-pointers, that's 8 points, which would be an eFG% of 40%.

If player 2 makes 4 3 pointers, that's 12 points which would be an eFG% of 60%.

Basically, 4-10 from 3 is the same as 6-10 from 2.

Clark's eFG is 57.1% (27th nationally). JuJu's is 45.1%.

The last 2 seasons Clark has been 56% and 57% from 2-pt, respectively, and 39% and 38% from 3-pt (on huge volume, mostly off the dribble, almost always with a hand in her face). That 2-pt % would be well-above average for a post, it is absolutely elite for a perimeter player. And elite doesn't describe the 3-pt shooting, it is completely unprecedented in the history of the game.

JuJu shot 44% and 33%, this season. For a more apples to apples comparison, Clark was 47% and 41% as a freshman. JuJu will probably end up taking about 200 more shots this season than Clark did as a freshman.

And by the way, Watkins is an aboslute beast. So smooth, always under control, scores at all levels. Her efficiency is miles below Clark's, but people often don't appreciate how hard it is to shoot that much. All of the D is designed to stop you, and you still get your shots off, and you are efficicent enough to help your team. I just don't know how much more she can increase that volume, and if the efficiency can keep up...

Latest posts