Could the Big 12 stay?

HawkIU

Nebraska is all but packed up. If Colorado jets early. That leaves no spot for Baylor. Texas seems to think they have 4 awesome schools that no one wants to turn down, but could they possibly lobby the remaining members to stay? I know it wouldn't be to hard to convince KU, KSU, ISU. Other than that, they could instead take a stand and pick up some Big East schools or even a Boise State and keep the Big 12 at 12 members?

I know this is far fetched, but why has it not been an idea?

Nebraska is all but packed up. If Colorado jets early. That leaves no spot for Baylor. Texas seems to think they have 4 awesome schools that no one wants to turn down, but could they possibly lobby the remaining members to stay? I know it wouldn't be to hard to convince KU, KSU, ISU. Other than that, they could instead take a stand and pick up some Big East schools or even a Boise State and keep the Big 12 at 12 members?

i think that texas would have to give a lot of concessions for all to stay at this point.

The problem is Nebraska. There's not a school out there that can fill the void left by the Huskers.

At this point the only thing fans of the Big XII can do is listen to the band while the ship sinks.

Could they stay? Yes. As long as they have Texas they could remain in tact.

Will they stay? Not a chance, because no matter what TX says, I think they wanted out in the beginning and they are just using this to their advantage to bolt and blame it on NU.

This won't happen. Texas will not be left behind in this money grab. They will not want to be perceived as "Unwanted". They are on the phone right now solidifying their own move.

The Big 12 should just add Houston and TCU to their South division, put OK,and OK St in the north and call it a day. Texas still gets the lions share and if they want to start their own network, their ratings in Texas get even stronger with two more Texas schools to play. ISU survives in the North,and everybody is happy.

yes, if ND says yes to the BigTen, blow Nebby off and stay at 12

Big XII replaces CU with BYU or TCU and life goes on

if the NCAA was considering stripping the big east of their AQ status as a BCS conference, the big 12 should get the same treatment after nebraska leaves. right now it's texas and...........ummmmmmmmm?

Latest posts