Could Iowa stay within 50 pts of bama?

Could we stay within 50 of Bama?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CyKo would be darn glad he didn't have to see Alvis every day in practice. Hawks lose by no more than a TD. See, the thing is Notre Dame tried running routes and stuff against Alabama. Our offense doesn't really run routes so when guys just kind of go out and do their own thing, Bama would be confused and they would have a hard time stopping us.

This might be the greatest post of all time.
In reality we would lose to them by like 14-20. Thats how iowa gets blown out with their system.

I suspect Saban still smarts from the Capitol One Bowl and would pile on the points until Iowa squealed like a pig.

I believe Kirk cites the fact that Saban called off the Sparties in a game early in KF's tenure (when they could have beaten us by 70) as one of the reasons why KF chooses not to run up the score on lesser opponents.

I believe Kirk cites the fact that Saban called off the Sparties in a game early in KF's tenure (when they could have beaten us by 70) as one of the reasons why KF chooses not to run up the score on lesser opponents.

Agreed. It is why he had us throw that Rick Six against Arkansas State a few years ago.

yes, the one thing KF is best at is muddying up a game enough to keep it close, no matter who's better (us or them) or how much better they (or we) are

yes, the one thing KF is best at is muddying up a game enough to keep it close, no matter who's better (us or them) or how much better they (or we) are

Yes, because that worked so well for him this year against PSU, NW, and Michigan. This year was a bit different. Just sayin.....

In Kinnick, hell yes! Bring those bama boys into Kinnick in late November and let's see how well they do. Cripes if Western Carolina can stay within 50 certainly our mighty Hawks can stay within 50.

GREAT point! Do any SEC or Texas/Pac 12 teams ever play a Big Ten team in November or December? NO... not ever. Until teams from the South come up North to play some ball the BCS is BS.

Big Ten teams go south (and west) every year in late December and January... what do you expect?

Imagine if you will.. a level playing field. South Carolina at Michigan in the cold.... Georgia playing Nebraska at Soldier Field in the cold...

Yeah the Hawks would stay within 50 at Kinnick in the cold and weather of Iowa.

THIS is something KF really lacks at. There is no longer a agreement to act a certain way, look at TB. NO, people play until the bitter end and a 21 point lead against a non con in the 4th does not stop them.
Ball playing has gotten ugly and when you have them down, you have to step on them. If your going into the 4th up by 30 or 40, you can maybe let off, but as fast as the game is now, 14 or even 21 is not safe.
If there is ONE thing I hate about KF, it is that he does not see this in the current landscape of college and even pro ball.

THIS is something KF really lacks at. There is no longer a agreement to act a certain way, look at TB. NO, people play until the bitter end and a 21 point lead against a non con in the 4th does not stop them.
Ball playing has gotten ugly and when you have them down, you have to step on them. If your going into the 4th up by 30 or 40, you can maybe let off, but as fast as the game is now, 14 or even 21 is not safe.
If there is ONE thing I hate about KF, it is that he does not see this in the current landscape of college and even pro ball.

One should not expect people who are delusional to see something for what it is.

FreedComanche

Latest posts