Could Iowa MBB get Reese Skinner?

Played against Skinner in HS. He was crazy good and so was Pearson for 1A basketball. In '88 Skinner made 142 3 pointers, and Pearson hit 128 3's. I wish I could find how many games they played, but this year the 1A state winner will play 27-29 games. So that would be 5 made 3 pointers per game for Skinner, and Pearson at 4.5. So just an "average" game for those two is nearly 10 3 pointers made.

Troy was a great player. I loved how good he was at taking charges in addition to his free throw shooting. I sure hope it could work out for Reese here as well. He'd at least help this program in practice on the scout team.

Played against Skinner in HS. He was crazy good and so was Pearson for 1A basketball. In '88 Skinner made 142 3 pointers, and Pearson hit 128 3's. I wish I could find how many games they played, but this year the 1A state winner will play 27-29 games. So that would be 5 made 3 pointers per game for Skinner, and Pearson at 4.5. So just an "average" game for those two is nearly 10 3 pointers made.

Here's a link to the archive of the records for three point FGs and assists. For the season list, Skinner (142) and Pearson (128) that you mentioned are 2 and 3 on the all time list (on the same team in 1988 !). That's incredible.

http://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/3PTFG.ASSTS_.archive.pdf

Oh, by the way, number 1 is Pearson (143) from the year before (1987).

From the career list, Pearson is 3 (350) and Skinner is 5 (303) still. For a point of reference, Jordan Bohannon started for 4 years and had 261.

I never had an opportunity to see Troy Skinner play in high school, but I once heard that he would warm up before each game by taking 5 3-point shots, starting from one corner and moving around to the opposite corner. Then, he would sit down and wait for the game to start.

Legacy player...Fran should definitely try to convince him to walk on. Maybe use Baer as the example of how it could work out.