Could David Kenney be an option again?

It's starting to sound now that coach EJ's visit to Indianapolis just coincidentally happened at the time DK's dad left. I beleive EJ was in town visiting somebody else and got word of Kenney so he dropped by really quick but it doesn't look like Kenney is too interested in coming back. Oh well, there's three weeks until signing day so maybe some of the other Iowa recruits can work him over still but it sounds like it's a long shot.

I'm sure he can see this kid also reeks of character concerns.

If choosing a school so you can be closer to your dad, and the rest of your family is a character concern, then we should probably just strictly recruit Detroit, you know those guys don't have any character concerns. Maybe go for Seantrel Henderson, you know he went where the money was best, no worries there.

Loyalty chain of command:

Family >>>>>football 100% of the time.

If choosing a school so you can be closer to your dad, and the rest of your family is a character concern, then we should probably just strictly recruit Detroit, you know those guys don't have any character concerns. Maybe go for Seantrel Henderson, you know he went where the money was best, no worries there.

Loyalty chain of command:

Family >>>>>football 100% of the time.

That sounds like a "black kids from Detroit don't have dads" joke.

That sounds like a "black kids from Detroit don't have dads" joke.

Nah, just a remembrance that there are real character issues, like dealing drugs, or stealing, or rape, not choosing to play for your dad. Just happens that all the above revolved around a few detroit recruits in the past.

and yes if you want me to say it, I would think kids from the wrong part of Detroit are more likely to have character issues than kids from other places. White or black.

It's starting to sound now that coach EJ's visit to Indianapolis just coincidentally happened at the time DK's dad left. I beleive EJ was in town visiting somebody else and got word of Kenney so he dropped by really quick but it doesn't look like Kenney is too interested in coming back. Oh well, there's three weeks until signing day so maybe some of the other Iowa recruits can work him over still but it sounds like it's a long shot.

I doubt it happens but it wouldn't hurt for Kenny to reach back out to him and try to have him give it one more look. Indiana is in a tough spot. If you have a good year look for Wilson to bolt. 2 or 3 more years of being between 4-6 wins and your coach is out of there.

are you hearing this via Twitter ? (I don't use it)

Bits a pieces were from Howe's twitter. The other was from Kakert's pay board. Putting two and two together and the above is what I think went down.
EJ was in town to visit David Griffith, a junior at Avon High School. David Kenney's school is about a 15 mile drive from there.

Latest posts