Could David Kenney be an option again?

Hawkfromnorwalk

Howe tweet from not too long ago said that David's dad has left Indiana for an actual coaching job on staff at Indiana St. One of the main arguments was that David left Iowa to join his dad at IU. Could he come back? It's not likely but still possible. Iowa signee and good friend of David, John Kenny, along with Iowa commit Malik Rucker are already trying to get him back in Black and Gold. Probably won't happen but after today's events anything is possible.

Maybe he will transfer to Indiana State. I would be pretty mad at my dad if he was the reason I went to that he!! hole then he left.

Would kurt even want him? I don't think so at this point.

Kirk isn't stupid and he knows how the game is played. Guys jump commitments all of the time. Kenney is a fast and skilled pass rusher off of the end, something we haven't had since AC left. I think Kirk would be just fine with it if David were to call him up and ask for a spot.

After all the money and time invested by him and the other Indiana recruits spent on that bada$$ photoshop of them infront of the empty stadium, it will never happen. #gohoosiers.....

If the kid wanted to come to Iowa, I think Kirk would take him. He'd have to understand wanting to play at the same school your dad coaches more than anybody. Plus, we need a DE in this class bad. Problem is, he's already convinced other recruits to follow him to Indiana.

If the kid wanted to come to Iowa, I think Kirk would take him. He'd have to understand wanting to play at the same school your dad coaches more than anybody. Plus, we need a DE in this class bad. Problem is, he's already convinced other recruits to follow him to Indiana.

I still think it would be worth it for the staff just to give him a quick call. What's the worse thing he could say? No.

Kirk isn't stupid and he knows how the game is played. Guys jump commitments all of the time. Kenney is a fast and skilled pass rusher off of the end, something we haven't had since AC left. I think Kirk would be just fine with it if David were to call him up and ask for a spot.
I'm sure he can see this kid also reeks of character concerns.

Rob How is saying he's meeting with an Iowa assistant tonight. Iowa may still have a chance.

Iowa could use some good news momentum. The big kid from Cedar Falls giving his verbal, getting this kid back from Indiana, . . .

Rob Howe
@HawkeyeInsider I asked David Kenney if he is still solid with IU. His text said: "I believe so."

I'm definitely hoping we can get him back. I didn't have an issue with him wanting to play for Indiana since his dad was on the staff. I don't really think that's a character problem. I'd be very happy to have him play for the Hawks.

Latest posts