Could Coker be the next Monty Ball?

hawkihayes

I listened to a Monty Ball interview today. The guy dropped 25 LBS and is running all over the B1G. It made me think about Coker at his current weight he's just too slow. Sure he was successful running this year but IMO he didn't have the same speed he had during the Mizzo game. I think he could be faster at 215 and dominate the B1G next year. Wonder if Doyle will slim him down for next year?

Last edited:
How about coker gets 20 carries a game and mccall or his backup gets 15 carries. Then they both have fresh legs throughout the year and arent all beat up. The jvb/qb throws 25 passes and we avg 35 points a game.

I think Coker was really great this year considering he was dinged up and carrying the load alone

I hope he can get the burst back he showed against Mizzou in the bowl game last year. If we can compliment him with one other good back he will be great I think

Who's this McCall guy?

Oh yeah, a runningback who's meaningful snaps were against a high school team. Last time I checked his last carry was a fumble on the goaline. I'm not a McCall hater, I'm just a hater of you board posters that think he's actually better than Coker. I don't even think he's better than DeAndre Johnson or Jordan Canzerii for that matter.

As for Coker, he's top end speed doesn't concern me. It's his vision and agility I'd like to see increase.

funny Coker avg'd 23 carries a game
i'm trying to figure how McCall was to get 15 out of the extra 3 that Coker got
plus obviously you are ignoring Coker was playing dinged up all year
get over McCall he is just a freshmen that had "9" carries against a bad DII team after Coker got benched for a fumble
McCall fumbled the ball on his 2nd carry against Nebby, and got benched
and people want to take carries away from a rb that is 172 yards from moving into the top 10 all time
give me a break

Coker is a great FB. Part of the lack of production against good defenses was simply the fact Coker is too slow to hit the seam before it closes. Can't blame the O-line for that. Coker seemed much quicker last season, especially in the Ohio State game. He seemed to have it all: power, speed and quickness. But all this season, Coker was clearly a step slow and lacked adequate lateral quickness to take advantage of what was there. A quicker back would have had 350 yards against Minnesota and several TD's.

Coker is a great FB. Part of the lack of production against good defenses was simply the fact Coker is too slow to hit the seam before it closes. Can't blame the O-line for that. Coker seemed much quicker last season, especially in the Ohio State game. He seemed to have it all: power, speed and quickness. But all this season, Coker was clearly a step slow and lacked adequate lateral quickness to take advantage of what was there. A quicker back would have had 350 yards against Minnesota and several TD's.

+1

Latest posts