Could CJ be a Heisman contender next year?

EstronHawkKing

Look at what Iowa has become under his leadership. The guy is a winner, would love to see his name listed on the 2016 Heisman pre-season watch list.

He needs to learn how to hit the deep throws. Constantly overthrows his receivers when they have their man beat

He is a contender. Iowa had a good run game when Chuck Long was almost the winner. R. Harmon is better than we have coming back...for now anyway. So why not? He has earned the staff's trust...good and developing weapons coming back. Win a lot of games and he will be in the discussion.

He's like 8th in the big10 in passing yards and behind Riddick and Leidner in stats and can't throw the deep ball. A heisman candidate he will never be.

He could be in the conversation, but I think with Iowa's play style, his numbers will be well behind most contenders. If we have another great year (10 wins or more), and CJ plays pretty much mistake free most of the time, he could be right there.

I absolutely think he is a Heisman-type team leader and playmaker.

He is a contender. Iowa had a good run game when Chuck Long was almost the winner. R. Harmon is better than we have coming back...for now anyway. So why not? He has earned the staff's trust...good and developing weapons coming back. Win a lot of games and he will be in the discussion.

Much different era.

He deserves it but we run a lot. He'd have to put up 300 a game with us having another great run i would think

If we make the playoffs this year and make another solid run next year then he would have a ridiculous winning percentage as a starting QB so maybe that would get him in the conversation but I won't be based on his stats.

Much different era.

He deserves it but we run a lot. He'd have to put up 300 a game with us having another great run i would think

I agree with you completely. I should have clarified..he has to have 250+ yards passing per game....25-5 type td to int ratio...iowa in the top 10...i think he is fully capable and ferentz will be comfortable enough next year in cjb that we could lean on him because we want to..not have to...not saying it will happen..but he IS good enough

Cjb is going to have much higher stats next year...i strongly believe that. He has been injured all year. Earning trust this year. You watch..I think KF is going to reward him and ride that senior leader qb...tate and stanzi were given enough opportunities that if we won a few more games and they threw a few less INT'S could have been in the numbers mix...

If he keeps winning than he definitely will be, the Heisman is mostly about hype and how good of team you are on. In this era it is all about how much eyeball time you get, and how much praise you can get from ESPN.

Latest posts