Corso says Iowa is Bad Football team

longtimer

Predicts Michigan will beat us bad. He usually doesn't say things like that but hey he is getting pretty old. I don't think we are a bad football team but I do think Michigan is better in just about every phase especially on the offensive side. I am not sure how we block their defensive ends with the tackles we have so hopefully Petras gets rid of it quickly or we move him out of the pocket which I know is not his strong suit. It's just hard seeing our offense scoring a lot. Won't be surprised to see us with less than 150 yards of offense.
On top of all that Michigan is playing for probably the second spot in the playoffs which means they wouldn't have to play Georgia right off
Michigan 31 Iowa 10

Hope that i'm wrong and Corso has to eat his words and we don't see another Rose Bowl

Predicts Michigan will beat us bad. He usually doesn't say things like that but hey he is getting pretty old. I don't think we are a bad football team but I do think Michigan is better in just about every phase especially on the offensive side. I am not sure how we block their defensive ends with the tackles we have so hopefully Petras gets rid of it quickly or we move him out of the pocket which I know is not his strong suit. It's just hard seeing our offense scoring a lot. Won't be surprised to see us with less than 150 yards of offense.
On top of all that Michigan is playing for probably the second spot in the playoffs which means they wouldn't have to play Georgia right off
Michigan 31 Iowa 10

Hope that i'm wrong and Corso has to eat his words and we don't see another Rose Bowl
Basically you are agreeing with everything Corso says

Michigan 31 Iowa 10

Corso is just blowing smoke to get viewers mad or glad. Get people to tune in. And he is way past his prime as an analyst. Mich and Iowa both very good defenses, Mich really good run game but if the hawks are on they can really slow the run, Hawk run game is getting serviceable so it might come down to both passing games and special teams.

I am not sure how we block their defensive ends with the tackles we have so hopefully Petras gets rid of it quickly or we move him out of the pocket which I know is not his strong suit. It's just hard seeing our offense scoring a lot.

The coaches may have to go with 2 TEnds a lot to chip on those two defensive ends but then have Laporta and or Lachey release for short passes to move the chains. I like the jumbo 2 TEnd, 2 wide receiver, one running back on 1st and 2nd downs. A simple 4 or 5 yard completion on first down is a win and on 2nd and sort of long it is a win. Receivers just need to get open and Petras needs to settle in and make nice throws and not try to guide the ball.

Basically you are agreeing with everything Corso says
Not really I don't think we are a bad team. Very good defense and terrific special teams but yes we are a bad offensive team and that isn't big news. I do think Michigan has a very good team with very good talent on a roll with a lot to play for and that isn't big news either

Our offense is offensively offensive and I would not be surprised if we lose by three touchdowns or more.*

*Sincerely hope I'm wrong...

Corso will be rolled out soon in a wheel chair and teams helmets will be put on his head by his special "handlers", but this condition also gives him the freedom to say what he thinks. Iowa is very bad at some things and has looked very bad at times this year. Michigan has looked good all season even in it's loss. This game is a mismatch on paper, hopefully not on the field.

Yeah, Michigan has developed beyond anyone’s imagination throughout the season. While Iowa is a good team, the offense hasn’t been good against stronger, elite-ish teams. We required McSorley to leave in order to win, and Iowa State and Indiana were falsely elevated, as we had been. We were dominated by Wisky and PeeDue. But inside all of this, there’s still the quick, disciplined, aggressive Iowa we saw early in the season. They could’ve beaten just about anyone. That team is still available if KF has been able to pry it out of the deep slump it fell into, along with shaking the cobwebs out of some coaching. Michigan isn’t insurmountable. They’ve showed weaknesses among their strengths, yet they played the game of their lives last weekend. Tonight solely depends on “which” Iowa team shows up. Moss and Koerner need to have fully recovered their fine edges. KF needs to use both QB’s. I think the Iowa team that has decided to show up tonight is the one that’ll make us all proud. Go Hawks!

Last edited:
We’re a very good team but we’re like a ship that’s overloaded on one side and prone to listing. If the sea isn’t too rough we run great.

With that said I guarantee Corso didn’t watch a single minute of Iowa football this year.

Our offense is offensively offensive and I would not be surprised if we lose by three touchdowns or more.*

*Sincerely hope I'm wrong...
Agreed. I see this being ugly. Petras is a bad QB. Three and outs aplenty will tire out the D. Hoping to eat a crow buffet

I doubt he knows much about anything football related this year besides what his cue card tells him. His ESPN handlers I would think are sweating the whole game day show until it's over. Hopefully this is the last year for him. It's sad he's just a show prop for them now.