Cordell Pemsl--PF Dubuque Wahlert

SPGroth

Got to see Pemsl live on Friday night. Pretty good size for a sophomore. Looks like he could continue to grow. Sounds like Creighton has offered and several other schools are showing interest. Heard rumblings that he was at the Iowa/Wisconsin game on Saturday.

The Kennedy studen section was trying to "sell" him to Iowa with some I--O--W--A, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa and GO TO IOWA cheers. He scored nearly 20 points but Kennedy prevailed.

Cordell Pemsl

I've seen him play a couple of times. I am a Wahlert alum. Pretty solid player especially for a soph. Should be pretty good by his senior year. Gets in a lot of foul trouble but I think its just due to his size.
I believe Wichita St has offered him as well. Should be fun to watch where the local kid ends up. Looks like a bruising 4 in college right now.

I've seen him play a couple of times. I am a Wahlert alum. Pretty solid player especially for a soph. Should be pretty good by his senior year. Gets in a lot of foul trouble but I think its just due to his size.
I believe Wichita St has offered him as well. Should be fun to watch where the local kid ends up. Looks like a bruising 4 in college right now.

Exactly what we need, since he doesn't live so close to IC, we probably have a better chance to land him than if he went to Linn-Mar....

:rolleyes:

Got to see Pemsl live on Friday night. Pretty good size for a sophomore. Looks like he could continue to grow. Sounds like Creighton has offered and several other schools are showing interest. Heard rumblings that he was at the Iowa/Wisconsin game on Saturday.

The Kennedy studen section was trying to "sell" him to Iowa with some I--O--W--A, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa and GO TO IOWA cheers. He scored nearly 20 points but Kennedy prevailed.

Cordell Pemsl

Would like to see some video on him. Sounds like a rising star with all the attention he is getting....

:rolleyes:

The videos are interesting. Plays substantially more low post for Wahlert than it appeared in the video. He does have a decent shot but also looks a little bigger in person than he did in the videos.

I'm also a Golden Eagle, Igothawked, class of '96. The shirts and skins games down in the OAC gym (in the videos) are not the best competition, but he was clearly in an entirely different league from those guys. Seems like a fine young man from the interview - and is a Hawk fan. Would be fun to get another solid in-state student athlete!

This video is a bit more convincing, I think.

Here you go Jack. The first clip is more highlights while the second more interview. Apparently he's been offered by Creighton, which precipitated looks from Wisky, Stanford, Purdue, etc.

He seems to be a natural with good moves and good at passing the ball. Since he is only a Sophomore, he could be at least 6'10" by the time he graduates, in addition to improving his skillset.....

I like him.....

:cool:

I'm also a Golden Eagle, Igothawked, class of '96. The shirts and skins games down in the OAC gym (in the videos) are not the best competition, but he was clearly in an entirely different league from those guys. Seems like a fine young man from the interview - and is a Hawk fan. Would be fun to get another solid in-state student athlete!

Love his bounce pass.....

definitely looks promising....

Love his bounce pass.....

definitely looks promising....

The more I see of Pemsl, the more I see the kind of player Fran is looking for: versatile. He can shoot the 3, shoot the pull up, take it to the rim, drive and dish... Plus, he seems like an articulate young man. Anyone know how his academics are? I hope we offer him once we figure out the 2014 class, if not sooner.

The more I see of Pemsl, the more I see the kind of player Fran is looking for: versatile. He can shoot the 3, shoot the pull up, take it to the rim, drive and dish... Plus, he seems like an articulate young man. Anyone know how his academics are? I hope we offer him once we figure out the 2014 class, if not sooner.

I believe that his dad played college ball at U. of Dubuque and his mom was a star player at Wahlert and then played volleyball in college, so good chance that education is stressed at home, which probably means he is fine academically.

I hate saying this after what happened on Saturday, but I see a little Nigel Hayes in him.

I hope he ends up in the Black and Gold. Seems like a well rounded player and can do a little bit of everything. Plus he isn't just a stick figure, he has some meat on him and he is only a soph.

Nice, I was class of 99. Wow, I didnt even notice that was the OAC in the videos. They have majorly updated that since the last time I was in there. I remember the yellow lights and garbage hoops, not to mention the old brown pads under the hoops.
Ahh, the good ole days.

Haha! The old brown pads!

I remember his sister - part of Wahlert's dynasty of volleyball. I think she played D1.

Don't know his academics, but he is well-spoken, and WHS is a good school. I am sure academics would not be a problem for him.

…let's get the guy who did his interview, too. Love his side commentary.

Did you listen to the interview link above? Yes, he's a Hawk fan.

Besides, it would be hard for him not to be a Hawk fan coming from Eric May's HS.

Maybe he doesn't like Eric May. Being from someone's hometown is not an absolute reason to be a fan of that team.

Went to high school with a kid that played football at ISU. Not an ISU fan.

Maybe he doesn't like Eric May. Being from someone's hometown is not an absolute reason to be a fan of that team.

Went to high school with a kid that played football at ISU. Not an ISU fan.
Once again, did you watch the interview video? He is a Hawk fan.

Latest posts