Copeland not returning

Here is what I remember or inferred...

I am sure the WUWs had plenty of friends from all backgrounds on the team, that is what teams normally are. I remember Drake talking about how he and Akrum were boys. When the racial allegations came out, the WUWs tried to grapple with it in a sincere way, but it was clear their loyalty was with coaches and Doyle more than their black teammates. They had James Daniels and Jordan Lomax on to discuss the issues, but they did not really let those 2 speak freely. I don't think there was anything malicious about it, just 3 inexperienced podcasters with a biased perspective not doing a great job of facilitating a difficult conversation.

Because they were less critical of the football program than most in the media, and because they had inside perspective, people flocked to them. People wanting to be told that their favorite sports team was doing things just fine, and it was a handful of disgruntled players who were the problem. Some of the uglier elements of any fanbase. You know the types, the ones who will readily deny or dismiss away anything that is negative toward their favorite sports team.

That attention seemed to push them further in the direction of, "The coaches did nothing wrong!" Rob, as one of the local journalists willing to criticize how the program failed to address this problem until it was thrown in their face, has come under direct attack by them (and I am sure by their followers).

I think the growth of their media enterprise is impressive, and I am especially impressed by some of their charitable contributions. But I do not like how they have conducted their business along the way. I thought their crudeness bordering on offensiveness was off putting, but I still occasionally listened. But they had one episode within which they called a local reporter a c___ for reporting on specifics of KF's salary after the COVID year. I packed it in at that point. I occasionally stumble across some of their rantings on twitter, which convinces me I made the right decision (the statement below was from Drake Kulick, directed toward Beth Goetz).

View attachment 10637
Sure Kulick is a total nutjob there's nobody defending half of the stuff he makes himself out to be. For awhile he was kinda entertaining but he just kept going further and further off the deep end. He's pretty close buddies with Kittle though. It's an interesting dynamic. If you're a part of that circle you're just in.

Yeah they just know Doyle differently and it's like if your folks have terrible bad habits or things they do. You never want to see the worst in them when they sincerely do right by you. Is how I chalk it up to. But that's a pretty broad vague thing I'm doing here hell if I know what they do or anyone that was on the inside.

I still wonder how if Doyle was unceremoniously let go how BF with some of what he did and said didn't have at least some sort of suspension reprimand or something. Just nepotism at it's finest I suppose. There's no doubt things that shouldn't have been going on were.

Latest posts