Cooper, Lomax, and Poggi

scia

Will they be next to leave? Since Coker may have been a force in helping them come to Iowa. Lets hope not.

I don't see those guys leaving over this, but we may find it tougher to recruit Maryland now, especially DeMatha.

I don't think they leave, but definately doesn't help the dematha catholic connection that's helped us out alot recently.

Coker isnt saying anything bad about the coaching staff. Im not so sure this hurts us in recruiting. It may make some kids look at the situation a little closer but I dont see Coker out there bad mouthing the football program at all.

you have got to be kidding me, "allegedly" he did nothing like that, even the Legal authority says he did nothing wrong, there was/is nothing to cover up as you put it
i hope Jon brings the hammer down for that

also this is not a cliff to follow someone off, this a college, if your buddy got suspended for something he didn't do and then leaves school because of it. yeah i would leave and take as many friends with me. he may as well

I don't think they leave, but definately doesn't help the dematha catholic connection that's helped us out alot recently.

It's not the Coker situation that is going to make recruiting MD hard.

It's Mike Locksley at MD that will make recruiting MD hard. When he was hired as MD's DC, he stated that he would lock down MD recruiting wise. And he's a very good recruiter, as evidenced by his time on Zook's staff.

you have got to be kidding me, "allegedly" he did nothing like that, even the Legal authority says he did nothing wrong, there was/is nothing to cover up as you put it

he was cleared because she didn't want to go forward. he might have still been cleared, but to say there was nothing there is guesswork on your part.

if the authorities have nothing to go on (her cooperation) they have no choice but to clear him.

It's not the Coker situation that is going to make recruiting MD hard.

It's Mike Locksley at MD that will make recruiting MD hard. When he was hired as MD's DC, he stated that he would lock down MD recruiting wise. And he's a very good recruiter, as evidenced by his time on Zook's staff.

winning.

also this is not a cliff to follow someone off, this a college, if your buddy got suspended for something he didn't do and then leaves school because of it. yeah i would leave and take as many friends with me. he may as well

How old are you? Seriously.

Let me get this straight - if one of your friends got into a little hot water and may have been innocent, but chose to leave anyway, you would tie your future to his and leave as well? Give me a break. That has to be one of the dumbest things I've read.

Read your post again to yourself (out loud if need be) and hopefully you'll realize how stupid it is.

Contrary to what some fans think, players DO weigh additional options in picking a school besides football. Like - academics maybe? Where they will be able to best prepare themselves for a career outside of football maybe?

How old are you? Seriously.

Let me get this straight - if one of your friends got into a little hot water and may have been innocent, but chose to leave anyway, you would tie your future to his and leave as well? Give me a break. That has to be one of the dumbest things I've read.

Read your post again to yourself (out loud if need be) and hopefully you'll realize how stupid it is.

Contrary to what some fans think, players DO weigh additional options in picking a school besides football. Like - academics maybe? Where they will be able to best prepare themselves for a career outside of football maybe?

Actually his post is not stupid at all, if Coker really did nothing wrong here at all and was still suspended, then heck yeah if i was in his shows or i was his buddy i would be gone with him...why would you want to chance yourself getting suspended if you did nothing wrong also...

This is also taking into effect that Coker is right saying he didn't do anything wrong at all.

Actually his post is not stupid at all, if Coker really did nothing wrong here at all and was still suspended, then heck yeah if i was in his shows or i was his buddy i would be gone with him...why would you want to chance yourself getting suspended if you did nothing wrong also...

This is also taking into effect that Coker is right saying he didn't do anything wrong at all.

Really? You would put your buddies choice to leave ahead of your own future? I guess some people need to learn to think for themselves instead of being followers.

The authorities never said he did not do anything wrong. The Johnson County attorneys office decided not to puruse charges and the female was not going to participate in an investigation.

Show us where the cops/county attorney cleared Coker of doing anything wrong? Big difference between not filing charges against someone and saying they are innocent.

The authorities never said he did not do anything wrong. The Johnson County attorneys office decided not to puruse charges and the female was not going to participate in an investigation.

Show us where the cops/county attorney cleared Coker of doing anything wrong? Big difference between not filing charges against someone and saying they are innocent.

where does it say he did do something wrong?

Good.god.

That is all that needs to be said really. Farmer summed up my point pretty well.

Really? You would put your buddies choice to leave ahead of your own future? I guess some people need to learn to think for themselves instead of being followers.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, in college, there are a lot of followers. Its a very dangerous time for a person. They think they know everything about real life when in fact they know very little, probably less than their peers that decided not to attend college and started getting a dose of real life right after high school.

But to the OP's question. I hope all the MD guys and everyone else stays but it would be foolish to think that Iowa won't have a couple more players leaving and a couple of recruits who don't make it to campus this summer/fall. It happens every year, no reason to think this year will be any different.

It would be wise to expect it to happen and enjoy when it doesn't.

Latest posts