Cool thing happened

Didn't physically watch game today but listened on the radio. We went to Minny and Mall of America. I seen this guy walking my way and I knew who he was but comes up to me and says Go Hawks! Smiles and gets on escalator. It was nice seeing you Mr. Greenway! You look like you could still play!

it crushes my soul that chad greenway was at the mall instead of watching his Hawkeyes.

It was nice seeing you Mr. Greenway! You look like you could still play!

That's pretty cool, but did you really say this? Come on, Ben!

"Mr. Greenway"? He was a football player, not a president. And he's younger* than you.
( * I won't say "quite a bit younger"- even though I'm thinking that's the case! )

And "look like you could still play"? He's only been retired a couple years, and he's still younger than a lot of guys who are playing.

I can only assume you were a little "off your game" to be seen coming out of "Bath & Body" on a game day?

it crushes my soul that chad greenway was at the mall instead of watching his Hawkeyes.

Hang in there.

Even if the "encounter" happened during the game, just because Ben chose not to watch doesn't mean Chad did.

There are ways to be at the mall and still watch ESPN, after all !

Of course, the real question is, which is more soul crushing- Chad being at the mall and possibly not watching the Hawks, or those of us who did watch seeing the Hawks put up 9 first-half points against PU?

That's pretty cool, but did you really say this? Come on, Ben!

"Mr. Greenway"? He was a football player, not a president. And he's younger* than you.
( * I won't say "quite a bit younger"- even though I'm thinking that's the case! )

And "look like you could still play"? He's only been retired a couple years, and he's still younger than a lot of guys who are playing.

I can only assume you were a little "off your game" to be seen coming out of "Bath & Body" on a game day?
In all actuality that is not what I said to him but was thinking it to my self and to identify the person as who I was speaking of. My only reply was Go Hawks and let the man be. He must of been doing a benefit for his foundation and was making his way out. We saw his wife and daughters later. For as bath and body works? No. Victoria secret ? Why yes I went in with my wife as I love going to car lots to see the new models from time to time!

Not to worry. There's about 578 sports bars/restaurants on the fourth and fifth levels at that mall.

Chad would have had ample opportunity to watch the game.

Latest posts