Cook - by the numbers

other than the stretch he had in the early 2nd half, he struggled and those struggles were a big factor in Iowa losing.

How can a guy think he's worthy of an NBA eval... and then come back and not improve a lick...some would suggest...regress? Kid must have great coaching.

Yeah...it's a mystery to me why Cook struggled down the stretch. I would think, being what it was, it would leave a bad taste in his mouth and he would want to come back. He's a European player right now...or overseas league player. If he stayed, came back and was hitting 15-18 foot jumpers with consistency and could do it in games...he would be unstoppable. Guys played 2 feet off of him the second half of the year...and just stopped penetration. He could sit there and shoot 15 foot jump shots all day long...wide open ones.

To me, he's better off staying and get that shot down and proving it in the Big10. Then he's a second round draft choice.

Yeah...it's a mystery to me why Cook struggled down the stretch. I would think, being what it was, it would leave a bad taste in his mouth and he would want to come back. He's a European player right now...or overseas league player. If he stayed, came back and was hitting 15-18 foot jumpers with consistency and could do it in games...he would be unstoppable. Guys played 2 feet off of him the second half of the year...and just stopped penetration. He could sit there and shoot 15 foot jump shots all day long...wide open ones.

To me, he's better off staying and get that shot down and proving it in the Big10. Then he's a second round draft choice.
That being said what is best for Tyler Cook may not be best for Iowa. Having him “work” on his game in game is the reason he led the Big in turnovers.