Conservative Kirk Costs Us Again

Kirk is still coaching like it is 1995, he uses an outdated offense (never been in the top 100 in his tenure) and a conservative approach to try not to lose games. There is never a sense of urgency from him or his staff. He has a bad OC (nepotism), even worse QB coach (friend). We win 6 to 10 a year by developing kids, getting some lucky breaks and defense. What would happen if we had an offense? What would happen if we tried to win by more than 7? What would happen if we would play the game as every other team plays in the 21st century? I would love to see it, another winnable game against a team we should have beat. Kirk needs to look in the mirror and take the blame for his staff and his choices. He should either retire, or change, start with demoting your son to line coach, Fire KOK and lets get an OC that can use our talent to win games. IT IS TIME FOR CHANGE.

Make Levar Woods Co-Offensive Coordinator (BF isn't getting fired) and give KOK and nice retirement bonus and bring in someone who can coach a QB. Stanley spoke multiple times about never getting coached on his ball accuracy. That's inexcusable.

I agree with both your points and would go further on Lavar Woods. He needs to be the next head coach at Iowa based on his coaching and recruiting talent.

I wouldn't mind Woods, Bell being part of the future. Both can recruit, have NFL ties, and a modern feel.

I will say, I didn't mind punting. We'd been stopping them all half. Should have kept a TO. I really can't "blame" the defense, they are the reason we won 10 instead of 6-7 games this year. But they were gassed, was giving too much space, too much time....and KY QB and Robinson simply made the throws and plays.

Petras awful play and BF waiting too long to lean on ground game lost this game.

I wouldn't mind Woods, Bell being part of the future. Both can recruit, have NFL ties, and a modern feel.

I will say, I didn't mind punting. We'd been stopping them all half. Should have kept a TO. I really can't "blame" the defense, they are the reason we won 10 instead of 6-7 games this year. But they were gassed, was giving too much space, too much time....and KY QB and Robinson simply made the throws and plays.

Petras awful play and BF waiting too long to lean on ground game lost this game.

We really needed a Tory Taylor inside the 10 punt

He is still the best in the game

NoneTheLess, we should have gone for it

EntirelyTooConservativeCaptain made the wrong call

In retrospect

I didn't realize it at the time, but burning the TO was a real head scratcher. Should've taken the delay of game if they were dead set on trying to draw them offsides.

Latest posts