Consecutive NFL Draft Picks.

AreWeThereYet

College teams with the most consecutive years with at least one NFL draft pick. (Active Streak)

79 Michigan is tied for first with USC.
77 Michigan State in third place.
55 Nebraska in 5th.
40 Iowa tied with Notre Dame for 7th.
39 Wisconsin in 9th.
20 Purdue in 17th.
19 Ohio State in 18th.
12 Penn State in 23rd.
4 Minnesota & Indiana
3 Northwestern
1 Illinois

College teams with the most consecutive years with at least one NFL draft pick. (Active Streak)

79 Michigan is tied for first with USC.
77 Michigan State in third place.
55 Nebraska in 5th.
40 Iowa tied with Notre Dame for 7th.
39 Wisconsin in 9th.
20 Purdue in 17th.
19 Ohio State in 18th.
12 Penn State in 23rd.
4 Minnesota & Indiana
3 Northwestern
1 Illinois

That 1939 draft was a barn-burner for sure...

The irony of our streak is that it nearly came to an end 2 years ago, after finishing 12-2, when Austin Blythe was the only Hawk drafted. He went 248th of 253.

Can you place your allegiance behind 'NFL U' (Iowa) ? Is that more important than success in college? I don't think so. It seems most 'highly-touted' high schoolers don't think so, either.

That's a pretty sweet streak. I'm really surprised by MSU's streak being that long. When you look at the top 15 or 20 streaks they stick out like a sore thumb.

The irony of our streak is that it nearly came to an end 2 years ago, after finishing 12-2, when Austin Blythe was the only Hawk drafted. He went 248th of 253.

Maybe Kirk put a few calls in. "Please help Iowa out with our 38 year draft streak."

This is interesting trivia but I am not sure if it really means anything important.

Does anybody really care that Iowa's streak is 22 years longer than Ohio State? Its not going to change anybody's perception of Ohio St or Iowa.

I think it's something that Iowa can take some pride in, but like Guffus mentioned, it hasn't really change Iowa's perception much. I don't think it's a secret that Iowa has done a good job of putting guys who aren't blue chippers into the NFL. It's been apart of Iowa's reputation for a quite awhile now. But Iowa isn't the only place that has done a good job at this. Wisconsin has also done a really fine job of this as well. The thing is that football is more of a weak link sport than a strong link sport generally speaking. So it might be nice that you have 4-5 future pros in the line up and the other team has none, but if the other team is full of above average college football players and you are substandard at more than a few spots or at one position group, than you probably aren't the better team. The QB is usually the only individual player that can make up for glaring weaknesses in other areas, but there are only so many guys at a given time that are that good.

Latest posts