Connor McCaffery Baseball Prospect

I just checked Connor's stats and he's batting .224on 11 of 49 hits/at bats, 3 doubles, no homers and 1 rbi.

That's not going to get you drafted but maybe he just needs some time to get untracked.
I would hate to see the stats for the 8th best MLB prospect in the Big 10.

I would hate to see the stats for the 8th best MLB prospect in the Big 10.

Here are some of the top Big 10 prospects stats:

Dominic Canzone (Ohio State OF) .368 avg(57-155)/10 HR/28 RBI/1.090 OPS
Eli Wilson (Minnesota C) .295 avg (38-129)/2 HR/15 RBI/.780 OPS
Michael Massey (Illinois 2B) .333 avg (41-123)/4 HR/17 RBI/.902 OPS
Matt Gorski (Indiana OF) ..276 avg (40-145)/9 HR/31 RBI/.873 OPS

I just checked Connor's stats and he's batting .224on 11 of 49 hits/at bats, 3 doubles, no homers and 1 rbi.

That's not going to get you drafted but maybe he just needs some time to get untracked.

He's likely going to need to decide between basketball and baseball very soon if he wants to be successful at either.

He's a freshman in both sports.

And it's not like he received the development time most redshirts do. He was pretty sick and lost a bunch of weight last year. He didn't practice much.

I'm not saying playing two sports is going to work out for him, but it's a little early to judge.

He's a freshman in both sports.

And it's not like he received the development time most redshirts do. He was pretty sick and lost a bunch of weight last year. He didn't practice much.

I'm not saying playing two sports is going to work out for him, but it's a little early to judge.

Somewhat of a small sample size so far as well. A couple of good games and his BA could skyrocket up to the .280 range. Let's say he goes 5-8 in his next 2 games. That would put him at 16-57 (.281).

Baseball is a streaky sport in that sometimes you can be killing the ball but hit it right at fielders or you can make sloppy contact and get some lucky hits. Only time will tell how his season ends up. That said, the 19 SOs in just 49 ABs is a bit concerning. Currently that's the second highest SOs/AB on the team.