Connor Colby, Lukas Van Ness Freshman All-Americans

Been busy and didn’t get a chance to comment on this article. Congratulations to the freshmen listed that is awesome.

Rob, I also want to give you credit on your honesty in an article addressing the failure of our offense not just against Kentucky but in all of our losses this past season.

I am old enough to remember how the sports press in Iowa was more critical of coaching than it seems to have been over the last 15 years.

It just felt good to read some criticism of the coaches son other than what we have been giving here on the forum. In my opinion it added to your credibility as a sports writer. Congratulations.

I have sensed a feeling of bullying toward the press over the last several years. I actually saw it one time a few years ago when Kirk was asked by a local sports writer a question that challenged him somewhat. Kirk was very rude to the person asking the question. It did not go well with me. The guy gets paid millions of dollars and should face criticism when warranted. Just who the hell does he think he is?

It’s a privilege for him to coach at the University of Iowa and no one owes him a damn thing. If anyone thinks differently, over one hundred million dollars says otherwise.

That press conference many years ago rubbed me wrong and left me with an opinion different than the one I had up to that point. Just as Brian’s foul language outburst revealed a part of his personality so did that press conference possibly reveal Kirk’s true character, one of arrogance and pride.

Let’s see what happens with the offensive coordinator position this off season.

Most people who rise to the level that KF has in coaching are not humble people. That self-assurance is probably what got them where they are. I certainly wished KF and Barta faced more tough questions on a regular basis, and I agree KF does not take criticism well, but that does not make him unique in coaching circles. The balance of power between media and coaches is delicate. Both need each other. Some media markets have more leverage than others.

Latest posts