Connecting the Coker Dots

I did, but as I said I didn't have the ESPN story that confirmed the ICPD turned over evidence to the UofI for the specific reason of conducting their own in house investigation. That's not an insignificant peice of info, in fact I think it's a smoking gun.

You're on to something Duffman. Per HawkCentral on December 21st UI Police Chief Chuck Green told the Iowa City Press-Citizen on Wednesday "that his department isn’t investigating Iowa running back Marcus Coker".

Then we find out yesterday that Iowa City Police say that Coker was under investigation for alleged sexual assault by Iowa City Police and that the investigation into Coker closed without charges being filed Jan. 3. "The University of Iowa has acknowledged that it was aware of the investigation into Coker. "

It seems to me that statement from UI police chief Chuck Green on December 21st conveniently failed to mention what was actually happening, shouldn't Chuck Green's statement specifically included the fact that the ICPD was doing an investigation of Coker?

Last edited:
You're on to something Duffman. Per HawkCentral on December 21st UI Police Chief Chuck Green told the Iowa City Press-Citizen on Wednesday "that his department isn’t investigating Iowa running back Marcus Coker".

Then we find out yesterday that Iowa City Police say that Coker was under investigation for alleged sexual assault by Iowa City Police and that the investigation into Coker closed without charges being filed Jan. 3. "The University of Iowa has acknowledged that it was aware of the investigation into Coker. "

It seems to me that statement from UI police chief Chuck Green on December 21st conveniently failed to mention what was actually happening, shouldn't Chuck Greens statement specifically included the fact that the ICPD was doing an investigation of Coker?

Sort of, but old Chuck and the UI Police wouldn't necessarily be part of the UI group investigating Coker. Remember we are talking about an investigation on whether or not Coker broke the UI Student Code of Conduct NOT broke the law. The legal investigation was handled by the ICPD and was completed without charges being filed. They did turn it over to the U at that point, but my bet is they turned it over to some committie or organization specifically designated to investigate code of conduct violations and that the organization has no ties to the UI police.

... They did turn it over to the U at that point, but my bet is they turned it over to some committie or organization specifically designated to investigate code of conduct violations and that the organization has no ties to the UI police.

IMO I have a hard time believing that by the 20th of December UI police didn't know about this investigation. Unfortunately it seems we will never know who it was turned over to at the UI in "late November" as county attorney Janet Lyness claims to have no record of the request and conveniently cannot remember either:

"...said the request from the university to review the police department’s documents related to the Coker investigation came sometime in late November. Lyness said she doesn’t remember what UI office asked to see the investigative reports nor did she keep any record of that request.
“To be honest, I don’t remember which office,” Lyness said. “I just don’t know.”"

Know 2 things PJ.

1) the police are under no obligation to release info regarding criminal activities related to an active investigation. In fact they are more than capable of outright lying if they feel it benefits the investigation.

2) Chuck didn't say he was unaware of an investigation, he said the UI POLICE werent investigating him.

I thought McCall was being investigated for possible sexual misconduct? Was it Coker instead or?????

Re: I think this is a stretch...

they interviewed alleged victim for 3 hours, collected evidence from her. i'm sure there is pretty good evidence supplied to validate her claims.

That is an absolutely breathtaking leap. An interview plus collecting evidence constitutes guilt now? Are you f-in kidding me???

just because she didn't pursue criminal charges does not mean nothing happened.

Absolutely true. Moving forward in a sexual assault case is not an easy call for the victim, as is well-discussed elsewhere. However, see above... and then Google "Mike Nifong".

Latest posts