Congratulations KOK

Ban this clown. O'Keefe put up an average of 17.25 in a four game stretch that included Indiana, NU and Minnesota. He did fine.

:D

images

congrats KOK, YOU SUCK and you lost a great season for Iowa and ****** off the whole state.....please explain you stupidness...If you're so afraid to win games then quit....so pathetic....so ******...so annoyed...what a waste of a season..if i was an Iowa recruit i would de-commit from this crap too

I don't think it ****** off the whole state. I for one was ecstatic, I called a 5 loss season for the Hawks prior to opening kickoff and am now cashing in on my multiple bets.

I hate to say it, but EVERY Hawks fan that I know also believes that it may be time for a change at the OC position. I understand that execution is also part of the problem but when the players have to execute a poorly conceived play then it goes back to coaching, ie throwing a 2 yard pass when 10 is needed for a first down. Secondly, our mind-numbingly predictable play calling, poor clock management, lack of quarterback development (I love Stanzi, but where are the checkdowns?). The complete headscratcher of going away from something that is working to gamble on something that is not, ie going away from an effective ground game to throwing the ball 75% of the time- see Indiana and Northwestern of this year, and most glaringly, in '07 I think, when we had Young and Sims as running backs and an embarrassingly ineffective Christensen throwing the ball 45 times. Coker ran roughshod on Indiana- for one half- why stop running? If he's tired then substitute, the running game was working. I could go on and on as could most fans. I do believe the buck stops with the head coach but Ferentz brings character and respectability to the team that makes Iowa what it is. We need help with weekly game scheming and game-time decision making. Northwestern has proven that repeatedly. Our defense suffers greatly from poor offensive game calling due to the fact that they are on the field for 75% of the game- I have never seen our defense so tired. Sorry for the rant- just hurts to lose to teams we shouldn't be losing to.

congrats KOK, YOU SUCK and you lost a great season for Iowa and ****** off the whole state.....please explain you stupidness...If you're so afraid to win games then quit....so pathetic....so ******...so annoyed...what a waste of a season..if i was an Iowa recruit i would de-commit from this crap too

How do you really feel?

Fact:
The games are being called the way KF wants them to be called.

I'm not particularly a KOK fan, but lay the blame where it deserves to go.

Either you agree with Ferentz's coaching style or you don't. As fans, we usually don't influence a coach.

I heard this amazing stat on Soundoff last night: since the beginning of the Ferentz head coaching era at Iowa, Iowa's offense has been 72nd of all div. 1 schools. That's also why it's so difficult to recruit offensive playmakers at Iowa.

Ferentz would rather have the offense maintain the game. Ferentz would rather win the game with a strong defense.

IMO many have blamed the offense because they haven't put up enough points. First, this isn't Ferentz's philosophy to put up points.

Can Ferentz adjust when, like this year, the defense isn't dominant? That's a good question - is it an indication of Ferentz "growing" as a coach or does Iowa need a "handfull" of pro prospects to be successful?

Last edited:

suprisepicard.jpg

Personally, I would love to see a new OC and DC. Norm isn't quite the same as he was even a year ago. We are stubborn on D and will not change our gameplan to limit the effectiveness of the other teams O. We stick by the stupid base 4-3 defense when playing teams like Indiana, NW and Minnesota who love to throw out 3,4,5 WR sets and expect to have LB's cover faster and quicker WR's? That's just stupid. Even with our great D-line they aren't fast enough (none really are) to stop the quick timing routes that those teams thrive on and dink and dunk every chance we get.

On O? Well.. Obviously there are some issues with some of the play s that are called in and the clock management has been horrid this year because we've had to claw back time and time again when playing teams that had no right being that close to a team that was supposed to be as good as we expected to be.

I like KF, but I think it's time for some new blood. Hayden never had a problem with replacing and growing coaches that wanted to move to the next level and would be creative and work hard. Look at all the great coaches Hayden had on his staff through the years and how many have become Head Coaches elsewhere. How many has Kirk had? It's time that he encourages some of them to move up and onward. (That said, please keep soup!)

I agree that some new blood would be nice. Norm hates to blitz and when we do blitz it is very obvious and we get gashed for it. I would love to be a WR or QB in the big ten playing against Iowa because our DB's play 12 off the receiver; regardless if it is a 3rd and long or 3rd and short and we never blitz. Watching the Minny game this weekend Hyde and Prater would play 12 to almost 15 yards off the ball on 3rd and shorts. Why not just tell the refs to give them a first down and not play 3rd down to save some time for everyone?

On a side note, me and my friends were debating who is the worst corner ever to play at Iowa. We all said Adam Shada.

I agree that some new blood would be nice. Norm hates to blitz and when we do blitz it is very obvious and we get gashed for it. I would love to be a WR or QB in the big ten playing against Iowa because our DB's play 12 off the receiver; regardless if it is a 3rd and long or 3rd and short and we never blitz. Watching the Minny game this weekend Hyde and Prater would play 12 to almost 15 yards off the ball on 3rd and shorts. Why not just tell the refs to give them a first down and not play 3rd down to save some time for everyone?

On a side note, me and my friends were debating who is the worst corner ever to play at Iowa. We all said Adam Shada.

Clearly you didn't watch Iowa football during the Plez Atkins era.

Ferentz would rather have the offense maintain the game. Ferentz would rather win the game with a strong defense.

IMO many have blamed the offense because they haven't put up enough points. First, this isn't Ferentz's philosophy to put up points.

First of all, Ferentz's best team, 2002, most certainly WAS an Offensive power house. Second, the very suggestiong that a head coach isn't interested in putting points on the board is absolutely laughable.

I hate to say it, but EVERY Hawks fan that I know also believes that it may be time for a change at the OC position. I understand that execution is also part of the problem but when the players have to execute a poorly conceived play then it goes back to coaching, ie throwing a 2 yard pass when 10 is needed for a first down. Secondly, our mind-numbingly predictable play calling, poor clock management, lack of quarterback development (I love Stanzi, but where are the checkdowns?). The complete headscratcher of going away from something that is working to gamble on something that is not, ie going away from an effective ground game to throwing the ball 75% of the time- see Indiana and Northwestern of this year, and most glaringly, in '07 I think, when we had Young and Sims as running backs and an embarrassingly ineffective Christensen throwing the ball 45 times. Coker ran roughshod on Indiana- for one half- why stop running? If he's tired then substitute, the running game was working. I could go on and on as could most fans. I do believe the buck stops with the head coach but Ferentz brings character and respectability to the team that makes Iowa what it is. We need help with weekly game scheming and game-time decision making. Northwestern has proven that repeatedly. Our defense suffers greatly from poor offensive game calling due to the fact that they are on the field for 75% of the game- I have never seen our defense so tired. Sorry for the rant- just hurts to lose to teams we shouldn't be losing to.

Couldn't agree more with this!!!!

Maybe Jon or someone else on here can answer this question because I honestly dont know the answer. Has KOK ever been offered a head coaching job or OC position at another D-1 school since he has been at Iowa? If not, I think that says about all you need to know about Iowa's offense. Other successful OC are hot commodities and are constantly being mentioned when a position opens up somewhere else.

"congrats KOK, YOU SUCK"

Is it me or does anyboys else not just laugh their *** off when someone gets so mad they give a compliment immediatley followed by a deragatory comment! I can't stop laughing.

it is hilarious isn't it??? that is a good question on if KOK has been offered a HC or OC job somewhere else. I wouldn't give him a job at Mc'Donalds.

Maybe Jon or someone else on here can answer this question because I honestly dont know the answer. Has KOK ever been offered a head coaching job or OC position at another D-1 school since he has been at Iowa? If not, I think that says about all you need to know about Iowa's offense. Other successful OC are hot commodities and are constantly being mentioned when a position opens up somewhere else.

I was amazed at how he called that end around pass from McNutt to DJK in the MSU game when we had a huge lead. I have only been waiting for that for 2 yrs. McNutt a former QB recruit rolling to his left as he is left handed throwing to DJK which could have been his record breaking catch for the HAWKS.

I hope that was designed to soften up run defenses later in the year or something, but those reverses we run have not done much to my knowledge this year.

Look back at the MSU game when we were up & still had starters in ARob gets concussion....offense was never the same. Sure we had a lot of yardage for Coker in the 1st half of Indiana, but struggled in redzone.

2 minute drill vs Wisconsin still baffles me. I hoped Reisner would have gone up field more after his catch instead of running for sidelines. Clock stops for first down anyway & we still had 3 TO left at that time. I felt he could have gotten 5-10 more yds out of that pass. Ricky should have taken that spike after QB sneak for 1st down. Should have been automatic in their heads...everyone was on the line anyway to get the spike down, but he looks over to sidelines & we have to burn a TO. Didn't KOK call for the TO?

Latest posts