Congratulations Iowa on a big win!

Hey don't dodge the question. I just asked how many you think it will take. Let's just assume we win out in the non conference to go 8-5. What do you think we have to do from there?

The BIG14 is already perceived as top-heavy (Indy, MSU, PU, Wisky) and down, overall. Outside of IU and UW, very few big-time, non-con W's.

Unfortunately, Hawks missed too many chances to make an impression in the non-con. Their B14 schedule is just too weak, with too few opportunities against the upper tier, to not be ho-hum. Think of this - Iowa could win 12 games in the B14 and their only W against the top 25 would be Iowa State.

So, as far as raw W's - Your 11-7 +1 is the minimum just to get on the bubble. They would probably be in if that 11 includes at least 3 of the 5 games against those top 4 teams and they don't puke against Rutgers or PSU.

The BIG14 is already perceived as top-heavy (Indy, MSU, PU, Wisky) and down, overall. Outside of IU and UW, very few big-time, non-con W's.

Unfortunately, Hawks missed too many chances to make an impression in the non-con. Their B14 schedule is just too weak, with too few opportunities against the upper tier, to not be ho-hum. Think of this - Iowa could win 12 games in the B14 and their only W against the top 25 would be Iowa State.

So, as far as raw W's - Your 11-7 +1 is the minimum just to get on the bubble. They would probably be in if that 11 includes at least 3 of the 5 games against those top 4 teams and they don't puke against Rutgers or PSU.

As of today, the BIG is projected to have 8 NCAA tourney teams. Maybe not quite so down this year.

I feel bad for Iowa State. Look at all the players they are losing after this year.
That's the best part. The top 7 players for ISU last night? 6 seniors. Top 7 for Iowa? 1 senior 1 junior, 2 sophomores. And 3 freshman.

Add in the fact that iowas most talented freshman had a tie on looks pretty cool. But they are still under the delusion that they are an elite basketball school.

Hey don't dodge the question. I just asked how many you think it will take. Let's just assume we win out in the non conference to go 8-5. What do you think we have to do from there?

Sorry, PC, wasn't dodging...but apparently wasn't paying attention either. So, if we do end up with 20 wins (11-7 & 1 B1G tourney win) then I'd say we make the NCAA because that means we likely finish in the top 6 of the B1G. I just don't know that we'll get there because we have so many kids that simply haven't put in a full college and B1G conference season. We could have several kids hit the wall about mid conference season. I'm thinking we go the opposite at 7-11 but get 1 B1G tourney win and make the NIT.

after we crush the Ames Cyclones in wrestling Saturday night, that means a clean sweep in football, men's hoops, women's hoops and wrestling.

But yet I think the Clowns win the stupid CyHawk trophy because they are better at competitive cow tipping.

To get into the tourney Iowa would need seton hall to go on a run as well. Also they'd need to beat uni on the neutral court and then have uni make the dance as well

If their only bad loss is Omaha then maybe they can do something magical, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Iowa just squandered too many non conference opportunities

Sorry, PC, wasn't dodging...but apparently wasn't paying attention either. So, if we do end up with 20 wins (11-7 & 1 B1G tourney win) then I'd say we make the NCAA because that means we likely finish in the top 6 of the B1G. I just don't know that we'll get there because we have so many kids that simply haven't put in a full college and B1G conference season. We could have several kids hit the wall about mid conference season. I'm thinking we go the opposite at 7-11 but get 1 B1G tourney win and make the NIT.

That Omaha loss hurts bad now. without that, I would say we have about a 40% to make the tourney. Right now I would say 10%.

That's the best part. The top 7 players for ISU last night? 6 seniors. Top 7 for Iowa? 1 senior 1 junior, 2 sophomores. And 3 freshman.

Add in the fact that iowas most talented freshman had a tie on looks pretty cool. But they are still under the delusion that they are an elite basketball school.
Agreed! And I cant wait...Prohm is gonna earn his pay over the next couple years! Clown fans are talking about the greatness of next years recruits already!...we will all see who the dominant program is over the next 4 years.

I suggest everyone stops worrying about the tournament and just enjoy the ride. This team will have higher highs than last night and more lows to come. They will beat a team like Wisconsin or Maryland and then lose ugly to a Nebraska or Penn State

That Omaha loss hurts bad now. without that, I would say we have about a 40% to make the tourney. Right now I would say 10%.

PC, looking at Iowa's B1G schedule, I could see a 6-12 record. If I cancel out the Omaha and ISU games, our overall level of play has been 6-12 ish, in my opinion. But, we're all hoping that the ISU game is a portent of things to come and maybe we could get to 8 or 9 wins. I'm not convinced we'll get to 11. I damn sure hope you're right, though. That would be a remarkable turnaround by the players and some excellent coaching.

PC, looking at Iowa's B1G schedule, I could see a 6-12 record. If I cancel out the Omaha and ISU games, our overall level of play has been 6-12 ish, in my opinion. But, we're all hoping that the ISU game is a portent of things to come and maybe we could get to 8 or 9 wins. I'm not convinced we'll get to 11. I damn sure hope you're right, though. That would be a remarkable turnaround by the players and some excellent coaching.

I'm not right because I'm not predicting anything. I was just giving what I thought the odds would he had we won that game. I do think how we played against ISU is a lot close to how we will look the rest of the year tho.

If that Indiana St. player hits that last second shot they would have 4 loses already. Their fan base should be concerned if they are thinking deep run in the tourney. Elite basketball school that is just laughable.......Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina.....ummmm, ISU? Too funny.

Latest posts