Congratulations Aaron White!

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I really don't think Aaron needs to bulk up the way some think he does. In just about any sport, it's hard to argue a case where you don't want your guys getting stronger, but at the same time I think Aaron has a very effective game right where he's at from a bulk/strength perspective. I think especially so with bball, it's important to develop your game & body type in harmony with each other (again, NOT saying you don't want guys trying to get stronger, it's just not a free lunch - adding muscle/weight is probably going to subtly affect other dimensions of your game (some for better, some for worse).

This is exactly why you don't see stuff like this... :)

Cleveland Cavaliers Draft Huge Bodybuilder With First Pick | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Doing sports specific strength training always helps regardless of what it dose to the appearance of your body. You always want to be working on explosive movements and core for basketball.

Body building is obviously a totally different and bizarre animal. The reason body builders cant move well is because they have a bunch of randomly sized muscles that were built in isolation for no particular function.

If he can consistently hit the three and medium range jump shot, his potential is unlimited. His court savvy is already over the top.....

Im not sure White can take pressure off Marble at the end of games. I think that will be more Gessel and Uthoff.

Getting back to the 4 spot should help him with creating his own shot a bit more but mostly he just needs to run, rebound the ball, finish at the rim and run more.
I don't know, running the two man game with him and Dev doing a pick and roll opened up a lot of opportunities. Marble just has to see him, and White needs to knock down shots.

I don't know, running the two man game with him and Dev doing a pick and roll opened up a lot of opportunities. Marble just has to see him, and White needs to knock down shots.
Kind of would rather see Woody develop the post pick and roll skills.

I still think end of the game pick and pop should be basabe he hits that free throw jumper at a great percentage

I still think end of the game pick and pop should be basabe he hits that free throw jumper at a great percentage

So let me get this straight. End of game, and with the game on the line, you want Melsahn taking a 15 ft jumper? LOL. God I hope you are kidding or being sarcastic.

So let me get this straight. End of game, and with the game on the line, you want Melsahn taking a 15 ft jumper? LOL. God I hope you are kidding or being sarcastic.

it's EZ for him

This is awesome on so many levels for Aaron. I think his confidence and leadership abilities are going to go through the roof with this opportunity.

This is a great opportunity for White. Playing with some of the nation's very best can only help him come November.

Has to be a great time to be Aaron White! His college team is blowing up, he's getting to travel the world playing a sport he loves, he's got a hot girlfriend.....It don't get any better, Whitey! Enjoy it all!

Impressive........very, very impressive. I will have to be honest I wasn't paying too close attention to any of this. I thought best case scenario was him making it as far as Marble did, making it to the round of final cuts was impressive to me. This is gravy as far as i am concerned. I read woody's link apparently they were looking for guys with versatility.....I wonder what got him on the team? Did he shoot well? Was it the relentless energy? The ability to play the 3 and the 4? Will have to make a note to myself to make sure and check these games out in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Impressive........very, very impressive. I will have to be honest I wasn't paying too close attention to any of this. I thought best case scenario was him making it as far Marble did, making it to the round of final cuts was impressive to me. This is gravy as far as i am concerned. I read woody's link apparently they were looking for guys with versatility.....I wonder what got him on the team? Did he shoot well? Was it the relentless energy? The ability to play the 3 and the 4? Will have to make a note to myself to make sure and check these games out in a couple of weeks.

One article I read spoke of how much the coaches were impressed by hustle, gotta think that had a lot to do with it.

Latest posts