Congratulations Aaron White!

We're Back. Or Aaron's back anyway. I'm thinking practicing against these guys for a month or so may be good for his game...most likely on par with the PTL right? Not. He takes a big step next year and I think it will give him the confidence to be a man at the end of games...it will take some pressure off Marble.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I really don't think Aaron needs to bulk up the way some think he does. In just about any sport, it's hard to argue a case where you don't want your guys getting stronger, but at the same time I think Aaron has a very effective game right where he's at from a bulk/strength perspective. I think especially so with bball, it's important to develop your game & body type in harmony with each other (again, NOT saying you don't want guys trying to get stronger, it's just not a free lunch - adding muscle/weight is probably going to subtly affect other dimensions of your game (some for better, some for worse).

This is exactly why you don't see stuff like this... :)

Cleveland Cavaliers Draft Huge Bodybuilder With First Pick | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Well that was a poor PTL first selection. Guess Stokes is going to have to carry the load:)

Awesome Job Aaron! Way to represent for the program!

Oh, yes, and congrats to Aaron! Quite an honor & it took many hours of hardwork to get there. Congrats!

Four of the twelve man team from the Big Ten. Way to go Aaron. Great news for you and good publicity for the Iowa program.

What an honor for Aaron, and what a thriill to travel to Russia as one of the best competing for the team. This is good news for the Hawks also. The experience he gains will certainly benefit the team next season along with Jok and Uthoff. We are on the way back to respectability......

Congrats to Fran the Man for seeing Aaron's potential.....

No, Aaron doesn't need to bulk up. He needs to refine a half court game.

Also, Rick Brown tweeted this quote from Fran McCaffery: "This is going to give him a completely different confidence level."

Atta boy AW. I think he just need to work on hitting the 3 ball in the corner when given the chance. It will open up his already awsome baseline game. When AW can hit the 3 ball on a regular basis teams will have no clue how to gaurd him.

As of now though who doesnt need to work on their outside shooting?

No, Aaron doesn't need to bulk up. He needs to refine a half court game.

Also, Rick Brown tweeted this quote from Fran McCaffery: "This is going to give him a completely different confidence level."

Aaron White needs to do a lot of things. He could be a special player - All-American level - if he maxes out his ceiling. To suggest that he doesn't need to get stronger - specifically in his core and lower body - is just silly. If Aaron White is able to create space, and if Aaron White is able to knock down shots, he'll be absolutely dominant.

Bulk up? Your words, Jon, not mine.

Congrats Aaron huge honor. Great for the program. What would relate this to football wise a first round draft pick ?

We're Back. Or Aaron's back anyway. I'm thinking practicing against these guys for a month or so may be good for his game...most likely on par with the PTL right? Not. He takes a big step next year and I think it will give him the confidence to be a man at the end of games...it will take some pressure off Marble.

Im not sure White can take pressure off Marble at the end of games. I think that will be more Gessel and Uthoff.

Getting back to the 4 spot should help him with creating his own shot a bit more but mostly he just needs to run, rebound the ball, finish at the rim and run more.

Latest posts