Congrats to the Iowa women, to play rutgers, wow!

iahawk20

Iowa women in as a 8 seed and to play RUTGERS. Congrats to the lady hawkeyes, well deserved!

How interesting his this game....with a certain head coach there :)

As much of an improvement the 8 seed is over the projections, I actually liked some of the 6 and 3 seed combos Iowa could have been paired with more than Rutgers and Stanford in the first two rounds. I think Iowa is one of the more dangerous teams in the tournament, but Stanford is a tough draw.

As much of an improvement the 8 seed is over the projections, I actually liked some of the 6 and 3 seed combos Iowa could have been paired with more than Rutgers and Stanford in the first two rounds. I think Iowa is one of the more dangerous teams in the tournament, but Stanford is a tough draw.

+1. this is brutal, i really hoped they'd avoid the dreaded 8/9 seed.

And, to round things out, ISU winds up as a 4 seed playing Lehigh in UCONN's region. Would get Virginia in the second round.

Iowa women in as a 8 seed and to play RUTGERS. Congrats to the lady hawkeyes, well deserved!

How interesting his this game....with a certain head coach there :)
The selection committee is such a mischievous bunch aren't they.

If the seeds hold, by the end of round three the Iowa schools will have played #1 Stanford, #1 Nebraska, and #1 UCONN. One Iowa school against a one seed in each of the first three rounds---plus the Hawks will probably get Tennessee in the finals :).

Latest posts