Conference Schedule Released

Looks like Michigan, Minnesota, Penn State, Nebraska, Maryland, Illinois, and Purdue twice. At MSU is rarely fun but at least Wiscy is home.

upload_2019-8-23_11-19-31.png

I'm curious to see how Juwan Howard does. Based on talk about putting banners back up, I'm assuming their recruiting won't take a hit. ;)

Tough stretch beginning with Texas Tech and Creighton/SDSU in Vegas, at Syracuse, at Michigan, Minnesota at home, at Iowa State, Cincy in Chicago.

The noncon schedule looks to be about as tough as I've seen the program play. Some will probably still complain about the couple of cupcakes though..

I'd still like to see Iowa play UNI and Drake in some form on a regular basis, but looking at this non-con, I kind of understand why it's gone.

I'd still like to see Iowa play UNI and Drake in some form on a regular basis, but looking at this non-con, I kind of understand why it's gone.
Agreed, I always enjoyed watching the Iowa kids at UNI and Drake get a crack at playing the DI state schools. That and if Iowa is going to pay somebody to play during the noncon, might as well keep the money instate if possible. One would think sooner or later one of the ADs will crack and agree to some sort of arrangement.

Agreed, I always enjoyed watching the Iowa kids at UNI and Drake get a crack at playing the DI state schools. That and if Iowa is going to pay somebody to play during the noncon, might as well keep the money instate if possible. One would think sooner or later one of the ADs will crack and agree to some sort of arrangement.

Word on the street was that Iowa offered to alternate playing UNI and Drake at Carver and they declined.

I don't know if that's true.

Iowa will potentially play 7 straight games against teams that finished in the top 100 NCAA NET rankings (Texas Tech, possibly Creighton at Las Vegas Invitational, Syracuse, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa State, Cincinnati).

We're gonna know a whole hell of a lot about this team early.

Iowa will potentially play 7 straight games against teams that finished in the top 100 NCAA NET rankings (Texas Tech, possibly Creighton at Las Vegas Invitational, Syracuse, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa State, Cincinnati).

A good team could still end up 4-3 or even 3-4 for those 7 games in large part due to the travel schedule. Literally to Nevada and back, New York and back, and Michigan and back within the span of a week? I really hate to say it, but I think you have to pencil in @Syracuse, @Michigan, and @ISU as losses.

Unless our new guards immediately settle in and figure out how to deal with that kind grind and pressure. Then there's opportunity abound. Syracuse lost a lot of players from a team that was okay, but not great last year, Michigan has a new coach, and ISU is usually a toss up.

and hopefully, be pleasantly surprized!!

I love...Love...LOVE this NonCon.

There are some resume building opportunities within that schedule.

You want to avoid the dreaded seven-ten seeds? Win close games in your conference and knock off a few in November and December like we have the opportunity to and watch your RPI go lower and lower.