Comparing 2009/10 to This Year...

KKHawk1

So, I was digging thru schedules and stats of the first 3 games of the 09/10 season (Licks last) and comparing to this year. This is what the first 3 games looked like of 09:

UTSA - 62 Iowa - 50
Duquesne - 52 Iowa - 50
Bowling Green - 46 Iowa - 68

That means Iowa averaged 56 pts in those first 3 games and came out 1-2?!

This season we are averaging 93 pts a game, ranked #7 in the country, and have won all 3 games very convincingly versus arguably comparable talent.

My point is how much more fun do you think players like Gatens and May when there are almost 40 more points per game to be had? Just look at their numbers (granted May was a Freshman in 09)...May has more than doubled his output and Gatens is hitting 3's like its his job all of the sudden.

Now, I know once Iowa starts playing better teams, this will level off. But, for the first time since the 90's, I am just as excited for a BBall game (vs Creighton) as I am for a FBall game (Purdue) in the same weekend.

What amazes me is that we just missed having our third straight ninety point game. During the Lickliter era we had exactly zero ninety point games. I am not always the biggest Gary Barta fan, but in this case, dumping Lickliter and choosing McCaffery, he has definitely gained a modicum of slack from me.

What amazes me is that we just missed having our third straight ninety point game. During the Lickliter era we had exactly zero ninety point games. I am not always the biggest Gary Barta fan, but in this case, dumping Lickliter and choosing McCaffery, he has definitely gained a modicum of slack from me.

I have respect for Barta, he fixed his mistake rather than denying he made one.

I have respect for Barta, he fixed his mistake rather than denying he made one.
That's a really good way to put it.
I don't think I could do that if I was him. Not with how much money was owed. It turned out to be a great move. Sure, Iowa isn't back to the tourney yet, but the feel is a complete 180 surrounding the basketball program.

Latest posts