COMMIT: Hawkeyes Land RB Melvin Gordon

ANother thing to keep in mind..he has a body type that could lend itself to several positions...always love getting HS RB's or LB's because they can do other things, too.

I think they will take Coe and Miller if they can get them both. Does anybody think we have better athletes on the line than those guys? We need DBs & WRs. Recruit the best athletes we can find with speed and it will work itself out once they all get to campus.

Does anybody else worry that a kid that makes a fairly spontaneous decision to commit could make a spontaneous decision to go soemwhere else? Not being critical but it is the nature of 18 year old kids.

Does anybody else worry that a kid that makes a fairly spontaneous decision to commit could make a spontaneous decision to go soemwhere else? Not being critical but it is the nature of 18 year old kids.

yep...but lets hope since Gordon has been high on us from day one helps

This is the right spot for Melvin. I hope he sticks with his verbal. However, unless he cancels the officials he said he wants to take, Michigan, etc. I would keep recruiting backs. Just don't know with kids that age.

This is the right spot for Melvin. I hope he sticks with his verbal. However, unless he cancels the officials he said he wants to take, Michigan, etc. I would keep recruiting backs. Just don't know with kids that age.

In the link above, Melvin says he is going to cancel all his officials except Iowa in January. If he does, and there is no reason to think he won't, I'd say he is pretty solid. This is already and outstanding class. It could become something really special before all is said and done.

No this kid has been taken UN-officials all summer long, Iowa has been his Fav for a long time.:)

ANother thing to keep in mind..he has a body type that could lend itself to several positions...always love getting HS RB's or LB's because they can do other things, too.

I seem to remember one such player named Claiborne or Clayburn or something like that ;)

I am not worried about this kid's word....there is an article on TOS about him saying that he is going to Iowa for sure and that he gave his word and is going to stick to it. He doesnt sound like the type of kid to go against his word but only time will tell......

I went to the Kenosha Bradford vs Burlington Demons game last night. Melvin was very impressive. He has great hands too. He was a man among boys last night. None of the first team played the 3rd quarter. His stats were 157 total yards (97 rushing) with three TDs. His cut back ability when it appeared there were no holes was pretty to watch. He also ran over people. Nice pick up KF and staff.

Latest posts