Come on media members......do your job!!!

Ferentz gives answers like the media are a joke... it's funny how most kiss his arse but in return he treats them like 2nd graders.

People are afraid to ask real questions... they wont confront in fear of getting outleveraged...

I worked in media back in my 20s. And my general observation was the Iowa media ... In general... is soft. Being fresh out of college I was more in awe of the players and coaches. Now, in my 40s, I would have a different approach. There is a way to word your questions and get the point across without alienating the players and coaches you interview.

The media's job should be to ask the questions they know that are out there. But very few of them do that. The media sort of gets to become a brotherhood, at least during my time covering Iowa and Iowa State. And I think they get comfortable with not pushing the buttons on the teams and sports they cover. Just my 2 cents based on my experience.

I worked in media back in my 20s. And my general observation was the Iowa media ... In general... is soft. Being fresh out of college I was more in awe of the players and coaches. Now, in my 40s, I would have a different approach. There is a way to word your questions and get the point across without alienating the players and coaches you interview.

The media's job should be to ask the questions they know that are out there. But very few of them do that. The media sort of gets to become a brotherhood, at least during my time covering Iowa and Iowa State. And I think they get comfortable with not pushing the buttons on the teams and sports they cover. Just my 2 cents based on my experience.

1. Do you feel the Iowa Football program is in decline the last 5 years?
2. Why do you not recruit the top high school players in the country?
3. Why has the Wisconsin football program been more successful in the last 10 years then the Iowa football program? What are you doing to make up the difference?
4. Why has the Nebraska football program been more successful since joining the big ten then the Iowa football program? what are you doing to make up the difference?
5. Why has the Minnesota football program been more successful in the last year then the Iowa football program? what are you doing to make up the difference.
6. What does Iowa have to offer 4 star and 5 star recruits? How are your selling the Iowa program to them? Are you even offering them or truly believe Iowa is just a developmental program?
7. Is the only reason to are not retiring is to turn the football program over to your son?

Latest posts